lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #11
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Why not just swap a 48v motor for a 36v on my Precedent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfeuerhahn View Post
I have a brand new Alltrax dcx500, a 400amp solenoid with resistor and diode, and 2 gauge high thread count welding wires that I installed into a club car about three weeks ago. I sold the cart and they didn't want the upgrades, so I just pulled them out. I'll take just $525 for all of them. All you will need is the D&D motor 502:2 (170-502-0002) and you will be able to climb mountains! I can send pics.
I have this setup for hunting in very hilly terrain. I can attest to the ability to climb steep grades easily and with a set of swamp foxes has not gotten stuck yet in the muck and uneven ground. It will however not do 25-30mph. Mine does a good steady 21 on flat roadway however - with the Mojaves as seen in the pic.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #12
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbarne View Post
I have this setup for hunting in very hilly terrain. I can attest to the ability to climb steep grades easily and with a set of swamp foxes has not gotten stuck yet in the muck and uneven ground. It will however not do 25-30mph. Mine does a good steady 21 on flat roadway however - with the Mojaves as seen in the pic.
I failed to specify that my setup includes the D&D 502:2 motor
Old 12-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7CLUB View Post
Thanks TDAWG. That settles that.

As far as the 500 amp controller offered here, Cfeuerhahn, I'd want to buy one that has a warranty and support like through Scottyb where I can get help installing if I run into a problem. Thanks though.

one thing if you buy from scotty he,ll take your call on Xmas day and help you thur your issues...........priceless........................ ......
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #14
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

the alltrax 500 amp controller can be set to what ever amp out put you desire.

I have the DCX500iq amp unit ( like you said what will take me to a higher motor if i desire) but i have it limited to 425 amps with my stock motor.
and i was using #4 wires. (note the photo shows my old setting of 400amp)

i upgraded to #2 wirescause i was bored .....

i'm not looking for speed cause i'm in a camp ground and at times i carry 4 people. I do,however, want more torque for hill climbing...

i can hit 23 miles per hour on a straight run but i am not comfortable with the breaks at that speed for quick stops.

I'm toying with increasing the amps to 450 and monitor the motor temperature only for torque purposes.

and note : you can program the controller with a lap top as many time as you want and experiment to your hearts content.

and did you ever hear of let the buyer beware....... you got the right idea of buying from a source that will give you technical help later on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg controller1a.jpg (30.0 KB, 19 views)
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
I will answer your original question and let the other people answer the other questions. No,,, you can not swap to a 36 volt motor in your particular cart without heavy duty modifications. Your motor is a regen motor. 36 volt motors are series motors.
Exactly! I was scrolling down to see if anybody already said this.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #16
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

LgBarne, you have all those upgrades and are only hitting 21mph? What condition are your batteries in? That seems low. I would guess (dangerous for me) that you should get closer to 25 with those tires and all the mods. I don't really need 30. I'd be happy with a strong 21-23. But I need help with the hills. If I get 21-23mph on the flats, I'd like to at least not drop below 15mph with 4 on it. Is that impossible? I have the stock motor too at this point so I'm not going to see your numbers even with all your other mods. Man, this is getting expensive.

Reminds me of building a jeep. Can't just lift it, gotta have tires too. And if you get bigger tires you need gears and if you get gears, might as well have a ARB locker installed at the same time and if you do that.... Right?

Quote:
i upgraded to #2 wirescause i was bored .....
Love it!

ForBruce, are you able to hold a pretty good speed on the hills with yours? 23mph would be fine for now. It's the hills that are a bummer and we have plenty around here. Can't go for a buzz without pulling hills and some bring it to a crawl.
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #17
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

hills go pretty good with the controller set to limit at 425 amps..this summer i might just set output to 100% and get the full 500amps out of it.

just as long as the wife doesn't use the motor to hold still on a slope and cook the motor
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #18
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

1.change ALL cables to no 2 WELDING CABLE. 2. have motor re-engeneered... ie (plum quick). 3. make sure brakes are not dragging and alignment is good.
golfcartthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #19
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cool Re: Why not just swap a 48v motor for a 36v on my Precedent?

There is a good point here.... STOPPING once you achieve speed. Speaking from experience, I now have my CC up to 28mph, the best thing I did was put disk brakes on it, for if I didn’t I wouldn't be able to stop it without a 1/8 mile stopping strip, you don't realize the difference until you need to stop in a hurry.

BRAKES are needed, recommended before you get the speed, for it would be a bummer to get to your desired speed, and then end up hitting something or somebody.

oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #20
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7CLUB View Post
LgBarne, you have all those upgrades and are only hitting 21mph? What condition are your batteries in? That seems low. I would guess (dangerous for me) that you should get closer to 25 with those tires and all the mods. I don't really need 30. I'd be happy with a strong 21-23. But I need help with the hills. If I get 21-23mph on the flats, I'd like to at least not drop below 15mph with 4 on it. Is that impossible? I have the stock motor too at this point so I'm not going to see your numbers even with all your other mods. Man, this is getting expensive.

Reminds me of building a jeep. Can't just lift it, gotta have tires too. And if you get bigger tires you need gears and if you get gears, might as well have a ARB locker installed at the same time and if you do that.... Right?

Love it!

ForBruce, are you able to hold a pretty good speed on the hills with yours? 23mph would be fine for now. It's the hills that are a bummer and we have plenty around here. Can't go for a buzz without pulling hills and some bring it to a crawl.
Sorry for the delay was out this past weekend chasing deer in this thing!

So, yes the batts were new with the rest of the mods on the cart this past summer. D&D's website specifies this setup to do 18-22mph with an expected 21 - as I am getting, so I think that is all I am supposed to get. Note, this setup is mostly for torque with some speed increase.

Man, these things are great for hunting. I almost ran over two does one afternoon on the trail that never heard me coming and another the next morning almost ran into me crossing the trail right in fornt of me. They just dont hear these carts!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car