lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #11
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart got flipped, Lost Some Acid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushpup View Post
Had a Birthday Party here this weekend and long and short of it is that one of the kids somehow tipped the cart over on a turn. Amazingly, no one was hurt with the exception of very minor bumps and scratches.

Minor damage to the cart, and miraculously only one battery seemed to have lost electrolyte. On that battery, there were two cells with level below the plates. Others didn't appear to have lost a drop. Judging by what was on the ground the one batt did lose a good amount of liquid, and my best guess would be several ounces. Just wondering if I should replace this battery, or is there another option? The batteries are three years old and still seem pretty strong to me.

Would appreciate any feedback.
" scottyb's " answer is along the right track. You can buy premixed battery electrolyte at most auto stores. Since the electrolyte was lost due to spilling, some of the acid was lost too. After you replace the lost electrolye, then you can go back to normal fills with distilled water. As was stated before, make sure you rinse off anything that the acid got on. Even if it was electronics, I would rather take a chance with water than leaving corrosive acid on them! Just dry it off well when you're done and make sure you disconnect your battery pack with the run/tow switch in tow before any cleanup!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i don,t know that i would spend any money if it only lost several oz,s.........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #13
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

I hear ya Shadow. I can get all I will need at no cost.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushpup View Post
I hear ya Shadow. I can get all I will need at no cost.
now free thats a good thing.................................
Old 01-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #15
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
i don,t know that i would spend any money if it only lost several oz,s.........................
Not trying to argue, but if the liquid is below the plates, that's way more than a few oz's!
In reference to the money, spend it on the hydrometer ( which you'll need anyway ) and you can use it to mix your acid & water! It's great when you can get something from work! It's like a bonus!
I somehow missed the post where you said you can get acid.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i was just referring to his 1st post where he said both a few cells below the plates but it added up to only several oz,s but yes if its free by all means.......i guess its a judgement thing if its truely only several oz,s me i wouldn,t sweat it i would top it off and keep a close eye on it............................
Old 01-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #17
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
Not trying to argue, but if the liquid is below the plates, that's way more than a few oz's!
In reference to the money, spend it on the hydrometer ( which you'll need anyway ) and you can use it to mix your acid & water! It's great when you can get something from work! It's like a bonus!
I somehow missed the post where you said you can get acid.
And it may have been. There were two cells in once battery missing liquid, but since the spill was on a hard packed caliche, I couldn't tell. So it was just an estimate. Been meaning to pick up a hydrometer anyway, and I was thinking I would use it for the mix. The most puzzling thing to me is why only one battery leaked. I can only surmise that this cap didn't seal and the others did. I know for certain that all were topped off properly as I just did maintenance the previous weekend, and had been watching them during charges.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car