lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
CampHost
Not Yet Wild

Default 48V cart dies, then after sitting a while runs again?

Hi,

Yesterday I bought a used 1997 48V Club Car. I bought it from a dealer, it was a trade in with no warranty but they assured me everything worked. I drove it around the campground about 2 miles yesterday without issue. I let it charge overnight and the batteries show a full charge, they are only 1 year old.

This morning I got on the cart to do my rounds and after 1/4 mile the cart died. I could hear a couple clicks when turning the key on/off and it would beep if I put in in reverse but that's all it would do. No clicks when pressing the accelerator at all. So I came back up to my camper and called the dealer.
They told me to turn the key on/off a few times, switch it from forward to reverse a few times, then let it sit a while and try it. I walked back to the cart planing on trying what they suggested but the cart started right up and I drove it back to my camper. Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks so much,

Russell
CampHost is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 48V cart dies, then after sitting a while runs again?

is your F&R a lever or a switch? if its a switch my best peice of advice to you is if its not to late take it back and get your money back cause if your having trouble already its a sign and a 97 reagan cart is not a cart everyone can work on they can be nightmares............i,m not trying to scare you i,m just laying the truth out here................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
CampHost
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply.

Mine has a switch not a lever. Unfortunately I probably can't take it back since it was a as is sale but I will try if this isn't something that can be fixed. Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

when it won,t run does it do anything? does solenoid click ? .....................problem with them is they are just a bit different then everything else and sometimes nothing about them makes any sense....................
Old 03-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
CampHost
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
when it won,t run does it do anything? does solenoid click ? .....................problem with them is they are just a bit different then everything else and sometimes nothing about them makes any sense....................
The only time I heard a click was when I would cut the key on/off, it would click each time. Pushing down the accelerator did not produce a click.

*update*
I just rode the cart for over 2 miles around the park with no issue. I'm confused as to what happened this morning that made it temporarily die.

The only thing that was different about this mornings ride was:
A) I unplugged the charger and jumped right on and started riding.
B) I was going slow only using 1/3 pedal since it was windy and cold.

On my next test ride I'll 1/3 pedal again and see if I can reproduce what happened this morning.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
CampHost
Not Yet Wild

Well I'm at a loss... I rode about 1 mile doing 1/3 or less with no issues. I can't seem to reproduce what happened this morning. Could the cold weather have something to do with it? It was about 40 early this morning...I'll call the dealer back in the morning and see if they can shed some light on the subject.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

no cold weather shouldn,t have anything to do with it.......this is what i hate about that cart now everytime you drive in the back of your mind your always thinking......all i can offer is keep your fingers crossed and hope it just quits and stays dead so you can find and fix issue..............one little weak spot on them i hate is the F&R switch .....they are good for crapping out so if it acts up again you might want to start there........................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car