lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Trouble with Super Sport 6" lift

I bought a 6" super sport lift from all sports. I got the front done and am working on the rear. I removed the the leaf spring it and put it over the top of the axle. I placed a supplied plate with the nub for the shock on top of the leaf spring. I have the block between the leaf spring and axle. Here's where I am having problems. When I put the U bolts in from the top, one can go through a hole of the OEM brak cable plate in the back and one in the front. In front of the axle on the opposite side of the hole, there is no whole, but part that has been cut out. O n the rear side of the axle, the u bolt goes throgh on hole and there is no hole for the other. When I then try to put on the square bottom plate supplied with the kit, I can get it to go with the u bolt in the rear with no problem, but it won't with the front. I keep trying to move it around and at different angles, but to no avail. So I took the bottom square bracket with it's 4 holes in the corner and tried to line it up with holes and openings on the brake cable braket. Only 3 holes will line up. THe 4th one is showing metal from the brake cable plate. Is it possible my 2005 villager 4 has a different shaped break cable plate than other DS models?
wbwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2012, 05:58 AM   #2
wills250psd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Trouble with Super Sport 6" lift

Brian if your sure you have the brakets in the proper place and the holes are the only prob can you just drill some new holes?
wills250psd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I'm guessing you have the double U bolt per side SS rear lift?
It's been a couple years since I put mine on, so, I don't exactly remember what I did, but I got it to work!

The bracket on the left was my existing cable bracket: (I've since done something different)

My new bracket (on the right) has that portion cut out,
I'm thinking you may have to grind a little, or drill a new hole for the inside of the front U bolt,
Then the square plate goes between the cable bracket and the axle perch.

If you notice by the next pics, only the front of the outside U bolt attaches to the cable bracket,
and the rear of the inside U bolt only attaches at the rear of the cable bracket.
where the other two sides just attach to the square plate.

Whereas with your existing cable bracket, after you drill a new hole for the inside, front U bolt,
You'll have 3 of 4 U bolt holes, and 1 that will just mount to the square plate!

I hope this gives you some ideas!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

Will... That's what I was thinking, but didn't want to do anything to alter it if I didn't have to.

Lockman, my cable plate is exactly like the first one in that side by side comparison.. I guess I will have to try and drill out near that notch in it.. Wish it had the plate on it like the one on the right! I think that's what their kit was designed for.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

Drilled out an extra hole in the brake cable plate. Worked like a charm.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340380768.179850.jpg
Old 06-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
wills250psd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Looks good, did you get the steering wheel straight?
wills250psd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

Not yet. Lol. When my neighbor gets back from racing this weekend , I'm going to get him to help me with toe-in and camber. Maybe he can help with that too. I might just buy a new steering wheel and dash unit since I'm gonna have to take it off.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

And you are right. It is a lot faster,
Old 06-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbwood View Post
Lockman, my cable plate is exactly like the first one in that side by side comparison.. I guess I will have to try and drill out near that notch in it.. Wish it had the plate on it like the one on the right! I think that's what their kit was designed for.
I had that/those extension bracket(s) made especially for me... here's the write-up:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...-brackets.html

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #10
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks. Got a call back from All Sports and they said they have only seen a couple of the brake cable plate like mine. They recommended cutting it down or drilling a new hole, which I already had done. Hopefully this information can help someone else who may come across the same type of plate.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car