lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
Kingman
Gone Wild

Default Precedent questions

Hi

While researching CC carts l noticed that some of the 2007 and newer
Carts (Precedent model only) do not have the Club Cart emblem on the
nose or any other CC markings.
Does this mean that it was redone?

Also some ad's note that it was repainted, for some reason l thought the color
was through and through.

Trying to do my homework but the more l read the more l should buy my first
cart from a CC dealer and pay the price.

Not looking to save a dime and then lose a quarter.

I am more comfortable with a gas engine rather then batteries.

Thanks

Alan

Last edited by Kingman; 07-02-2012 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: Typing error
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Kingman
Gone Wild

Default Re: Precedent questions

Hi

Left out that l have to have a battery operated cart where l am moving to.

Alan
Old 07-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Honestly, I haven't paid any attention to the newer carts as I prefer the older DS units because they're in my price range, so I can't answer the decal / emblem question for you. Hopefully someone with more experience with the newer carts will be able to answer your question.

However, I'm going to share with you the best advice on purchasing anything that I was ever given:

If you're not comfortable with a purchase from the very beginning, you will never be comfortable with it the whole time you own it!

If you're more comfortable purchasing from a dealer, by all means do it! YOU need to be happy with the cart before you can even begin to enjoy it!

I would suggest talking to several cart owners in the area about which dealer is the best for customer satisfaction and support before you make your purchase though. Some times driving 50 or so miles out of the way is worth not having to deal with a bad company.

Hope this helps with your decision,
-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingman View Post
Also some ad's note that it was repainted, for some reason l thought the color was through and through.
I forgot to add this to the last post I made.

The plastic bodies are the same color completely through but fibergass ones are not.

Most times a cart is repainted to a custom color that the factory doesn't offer to make it stand out from the others.

It's just like in the Car Sales world, if you have 10 Green cars and one Red one, the Red one is going to be the most looked at and the fastest one sold.

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
Kingman
Gone Wild

Hi

Thanks for your input. The first time that l buy a cart l will use it as a buying
experience to learn all that l can to find out how they run and how to make them run.
This is not rocket science for sure.

But on the other hand l like things that are pristine. Now if l hook up with
guys who go into the wilderness then l will build one for that purpose only, but that probably would have to be gas for the extra mileage plus l could carry a couple of gallons in the back.

Alan
Old 07-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Alan, reading some of your post it would seem the best potion for you would be to buy from a dealer. Just remember that some of the used carts from a dealer will be leased turn In's from golf courses so check them out good. I lucked out and bought a 2005 CC Precedent from the owner of my company and it was his mothers that was only used about four times in six years. The cart was stored and look like it just came from the showroom. Of course it needed batteries and he bought two of them for me.. I couldn't complain as this cart is mint..
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Can't answer about the emblems. But as far as the color molded bodies I can. All precedents are molded one solid color. DS bodies are all painted. Have been for a couple years now
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
Kingman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Can't answer about the emblems. But as far as the color molded bodies I can. All precedents are molded one solid color. DS bodies are all painted. Have been for a couple years now
Thanks

So l will make sure l only pick up a non painted cart

Alan
Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #9
SV1
Getting Wild

Re the emblems: Some golf courses will have custom emblems with their name on them. You could be seeing carts that had them removed. They are hard to get off without some paint damage or not having dulled the color underneath. Not a big deal to put a Club Car decal back on. I think mine cost about 12 bucks well worth not driving a cart around that says "The Jewel"

Because you said you like pristine. If the cart is the original color check it out in different light and angles. On the sides in the big area under the seats is where they like to put cart number stickers. I have used wax and a minor buffing compound but I can never get those ovals to go away. Other people don't notice it but when the sun sets I can see those ovals duller than the rest of the cart. I have only worked on the dark blue and green maybe the beige is better. I also like to lift the seat and look for spotting on the body around the seat and back towards the club area. You would be surprised how many are peppered with battery acid burns from people not being careful when they check the batteries.

I would say take a good look and don't worry if don't get a perfect cart, it won't hurt so bad when your buddy accidentally bangs an iron on the side of the cart or the hundreds of other things that just happen.
SV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
Kingman
Gone Wild

Hi

I will be buying a 4 seater so l doubt if it would be used for golf. When l go to play golf l will rent a cart because a big as my community is we don't have a golf course.

I kept away from golf communities because the maintenance is pricey and most go belly up,

Also being that
Have always owned vettes l'm a fiberglass expert so the body will be easy but the electric's is something else.

Thanks for all of your help.

Thanks

Alan
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car