lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
bjd68
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 club car speed upgrade help!!

Hey guys I have a 2007 club car precedent IQ and when i got it it only went 12mph so i bought the speedy link and that brought the cart to about 16mph gps. Also all my batteries were tested and are good!
So I was wondering what else I could do to make it go faster I would like to get 25mph out of it!
Is the 500 amp controller better than doing say a plum quick bandit motor or is doing both necessary to get 25 mph? Any info would be great I would like to order something soon to get some more speed!
bjd68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
hanny
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2007 club car speed upgrade help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd68 View Post
Hey guys I have a 2007 club car precedent IQ and when i got it it only went 12mph so i bought the speedy link and that brought the cart to about 16mph gps. Also all my batteries were tested and are good!
So I was wondering what else I could do to make it go faster I would like to get 25mph out of it!
Is the 500 amp controller better than doing say a plum quick bandit motor or is doing both necessary to get 25 mph? Any info would be great I would like to order something soon to get some more speed!
nothing wrong with the stock motor, i would do the alltrax dcx500 and adjust the speed to max on it. Also if you get the higher amp controller get 2 gauge wiring as well and i bet your above 25,,,,, like 28 i would say.

Dont need to buy a pricey cable set either. Buy this stuff buy the foot off ebay (link below) and buy the lugs there as well. cost will be around 30$ and all you need to do then is get some silver solder, heat up the lugs and stick the wire into the puddle of silver solder. cheap, easy, stronger then crimping and easy do it yourself job. be safe, paul
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Gauge-AWG-...item58938c6171
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-2-GAUGE-2...item3a73d372ed
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
Plasterface
Not Yet Wild

You will not get more speed out of a new controller. What you need is anew motor, then if you need more torque after getting new motor you would then need a new controller.
Plasterface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
bjd68
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys but I'm getting two different answers so some more comments please!
bjd68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Take a look at this thread..

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...et-26-mph.html
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
Plasterface
Not Yet Wild

The stock motors are not capable of high speed, they just do not have the rpm ratings.
If you have your controller programmed to private speed setting 4 (which is really what the speedy link is trying to by pass) I really do not think you will get past 18 mph with the stick motor. You have to understand that the stock controller is set to limit speed and the speedy link is tricking the controller by showing it is going slower than it actually is. So it is possible the speedy link is not achieving top speed in which case a new controller or a change to the speed setting on the existing controller(cost about $100 to have an authorized dealer program controller) might get you to 18mph.

After that you will need a high speed motor to a hieve higher speed. A larger amp rated controller, while not necessarily a necessity, Would give more torque.
Plasterface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
Kingman
Gone Wild

Hi

Newbie question does the 2012 precedent (electric) 4seater go any faster then
A 2010 or a 2009 through a2006?

When I look to buy a used model from an authorized CC dealer can he adjust it to various speeds?

Thanks

Alan
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #8
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingman View Post
Hi

Newbie question does the 2012 precedent (electric) 4seater go any faster then
A 2010 or a 2009 through a2006?

When I look to buy a used model from an authorized CC dealer can he adjust it to various speeds?

Thanks

Alan
They are pretty much the same. You can have the dealer set it to speed code 4 to achieve the highest speed a stock cart will do which is around 18mph but may be a bit slower with four people.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #9
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

If all you want is speed, get a high speed motor. You will lose your torque....some of it. I need torque for my application so I opted for the controller, and have speeds of 20mph on flat runs and 28 on a slight downhill run. I have torque for days....all I really need. I am still using the stock motor.
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
hanny
Getting Wild

well my experience seems unique for some reason??? or people dont believe it maybe?? if you want more speed getting different rear end gear is the cheapest option. of course once you do that you loose low end tourque. so i added an alltrax controller and its really fast and really good tourque now. Speed you ask????? on a flat road with 4 year old batteries my 08 precedent will do 39mph.
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car