lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
member540519
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV Heavy Duty Springs - HELP!

Hi,

I just installed a rear seat kit on my RXV. The rear suspension bottoms out with just one person on the rear seat. Does anybody know where to purchase a rear spring kit and exactly what comes with it? Does it come as a complete leaf kit or is it similar to an add a leaf kit? Is it hard to install?

Thanks!
member540519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
Rhoughton1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Heavy Duty Springs - HELP!

I installed a set of Monroe air shocks on the rear of my RXV. And all I had to do was make a L bracket for the top bolt.I ordered them from Advanced Auto parts.
Rhoughton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was wondering about air shocks on mine. I don't want the rough ride of heavy duty springs when there is no weight on my cart. Could you post some pics of your setup? Did you take a shock down with you to figure out a suitable replacement?
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
member540519
Not Yet Wild

good idea roughton. let's see some pics and some part numbers for those monroe shocks!
member540519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
Rhoughton1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ma785 is the Monroe part number. It will not raise the cart as the springs will not travel any further out.the reason got the bracket is you cannot index air shocks like you can regular shocks. And on the RXV the bolts go two different directions.so I made an l bracket for the top and drilled two hole in it.i'l get some pics later today or tomorrow.i roughed in the brackets for now.but I do know any thing over 26lbs is a rough ride. And at 120lbs you will pop a wheelie before you can compress the shocks. I have unbolted the rear shackels for the leaf springs and it will raise the cart.so now I just need to see how hard it is to build a four link for the rear.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have thought about converting mine to a long arm lift kit on the front and a three or four link on the rear depending on which would be more feasable.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
dunes56
Not Yet Wild

Did you replace all four shocks? if not why not front? the monroe model is it the same for front and rear?
dunes56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #8
Rhoughton1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The front are struts. I only replaced the rear to help with the weight on the rear seat.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #9
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

After much debate I got heavy duty springs for my lifted cart. I then started investigating the rear lift and went another route that has worked great so far. I had to remove the factory springs and switched the upper plates from left to right and flipped them upside down so the relocated shock mounts were now forward of the axle and upside down. I called Monroe shocks and gave them the shocks dimensions I wanted. 2 days later O'Reileys auto parts received my Monroe shocks #37200. Now these will only work with the 6" lift kit and best of all it was less than half the price of the heavy duty springs and they have a life time warranty. I returned my heavy duty springs. I have had 5 pretty heavy adults guessing around 800 pounds total and no bottoming out and I think it rides better when just the wife and I also, again I am happy with the setup this far and my Local Cart Store is now ordering these shocks for the 6" RXV lift.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #10
Hokywolf
Not Yet Wild

I just purchased Gabriel Air Shocks for my 2010 EZGO RXV cart. It only took about 20 minutes to change them over, BUT, one of the shock mount holes is larger and needs a reduction bushing. We crossed over the Monroe MA785 to a Gabriel 49304. I routed the air lines to the front support of the seat and installed a "L" bracket to mount the fill valve fitting.
I noticed immediately a big difference in the ride, even with the HD Springs, we were bottoming out, the air shocks resolved that problem.
Should anyone decide to upgrade their shocks, just be sure to buy the the reducer bushings. (Sorry, don't have a number on them as I made my own)
Happy Trails!
Hokywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO