lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
LADDitude
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Iskra motor info/help

Just bought a 2009 EZ Go RXV, Model #606600G01 (6 seater).
Cart has an Iskra motor. Got the following info from tag on the engine:
Iskra Polje 15, Sempeter Pri Gorici
Made In Slovinia
3 Phase AC Motor AMT 7109 30v 3.3kw
11.217.026 / 601882 DC 48v Class H 10.01.2008

I have a few questions about this motor.
1) Is it programable. Due to speed limit in our park I need to slow the cart down. Currently runs 25+.
2) Motor has a "whine". Is this normal for this motor and if not, does a motor like this need servicing?
3) If it requires occassional servicing what is recommended
4) On one end of the motor there is a spring loaded lever. I thought maybe this was a hi/lo speed. Pushed in the down position when I press accelerator it will go but warning beep comes on and continues until I move it to the up position where it runs normally. Due to position of the motor I was not able to if there is any writing on the end of the motor.

Took the cart to a local dealer but he typically works on Club Cars and was not familiar with this motor.

Other than the fairly loud whining noise the cart runs great.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks!
LADDitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
LADDitude
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Iskra motor info/help

Any Help here?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm not an expert or a tech and have only limited knowledge about the RXV but I am available.

First, everybody volunteers their time here so a response from a knowledgeable person about your specific cart or situation may take awhile.

Second, the general knowledge base as regards the RXV(relatively new) is still limited compared to the other EZGO models.

Third, I don't recall another post about a 6 pack RXV and EZGO doesn't even list it on their web site yet so a local search will probably not produce any results.

But, having said that, here is what I know. If we assume yours is the same as 2 or 4 pack RXVs except for the extra seat, then the speed is programable through the controller. It requires a hand held programmer which is probably hard to find except at an EZGO dealer.

As to the whine: Every RXV I have encountered around here does make a sound different than all the other DC carts no matter the manufacturer. A "whine" would be one way to describe it so I'm going to call that normal.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
lococummins
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADDitude View Post
Just bought a 2009 EZ Go RXV, Model #606600G01 (6 seater).
Cart has an Iskra motor. Got the following info from tag on the engine:
Iskra Polje 15, Sempeter Pri Gorici
Made In Slovinia
3 Phase AC Motor AMT 7109 30v 3.3kw
11.217.026 / 601882 DC 48v Class H 10.01.2008

I have a few questions about this motor.
1) Is it programable. Due to speed limit in our park I need to slow the cart down. Currently runs 25+.
2) Motor has a "whine". Is this normal for this motor and if not, does a motor like this need servicing?
3) If it requires occassional servicing what is recommended
4) On one end of the motor there is a spring loaded lever. I thought maybe this was a hi/lo speed. Pushed in the down position when I press accelerator it will go but warning beep comes on and continues until I move it to the up position where it runs normally. Due to position of the motor I was not able to if there is any writing on the end of the motor.

Took the cart to a local dealer but he typically works on Club Cars and was not familiar with this motor.

Other than the fairly loud whining noise the cart runs great.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks!
1. A ezgo dealer can program the cart/CONTROLLER for you to slow it down. However, you must have larger tires or a different gear-set to get 25 out of the cart as carts with factory tires and gears can only be programmed up to 19 mph.

2.The whine is normal, I think it has more to do with the gear-set though.

3.NA

4.That lever you are playing with is the brake system...I wouldn't mess with that at all if I were you.
lococummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
LADDitude
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks guys, that's the info i'm looking for. Like I said it runs great. I'll drop by a dealer for the speed issue. Looks like I'm ready to go!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #6
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADDitude View Post
Thanks guys, that's the info i'm looking for. Like I said it runs great. I'll drop by a dealer for the speed issue. Looks like I'm ready to go!
I recently had my speed increased from around18 mph to 26 mph with 23" tires. You should be able to get the same decrease which I think would put you around 12-14 with stock equipment. My controlled setting was increased to the Freedom 2 setting which is likely what you have.
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
Sarge50
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Revived for any RXV owner wondering about the motor whine, wish mine was this simple.
Sarge50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO