lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #1
Jaydeeeze
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 95 club car trying to move but won't, please help

I've been browsing posts on here for days trying to find my exact wiring diagrams and info but am not sure if I found the right info. I picked up a new used golf cart a few days ago from a neighbor and can't seem to get it going. I've had ez go carts in the past and they are pretty simple but this 95 club car is a bit harder to find info on. I charged all the batteries by pairs with my 12 volt charger but after reading I'm not sure if I have a 36 volt or 48 volt cart. The batteries are holding strong at 36-37 volts and when I check them individually they all are holding 6+ volts with no problem. After I charged them I turned the key on and hit the gas and it clicks and the cart tries to move. I try reverse and it tries to go and vibrates a little until I let off the gas. 2 questions I think I have. How do I know if my cart is 36 or 48 volt and why is it trying to move? Any help is greatly appreciated and also if some1 could point me in the direction of the exact wiring diagram for my cart I'd be greatful. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (201.0 KB, 0 views)
Jaydeeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 club car trying to move but won't, please help

. . . . is it a controller cart (48v) or resistor cart (36v)? . . .

. . . download a copy of below link, which should help you . . .

Attachment 85598

. . . and to BGW . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #3
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Brand new her but, count your batteries 6 8 v or 6 6 v batteries. . test your solenoid. . Places to start. . Find some serial numbers and find out what it should be.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
shaffer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffer88 View Post
count your batteries 6 8 v or 6 6 v batteries. .
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

. . . correct, assuming previous owner put correct number of proper voltage batteries in cart . . .
Old 05-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like a low voltage, problem
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

look under the dash on the passenger side just above the floor mat you will find the serial # Post it on here and we will be able to help you more. Your charger...the charger cable...does it have two prongs coming out or is it round? On your batteries take the caps off one battery and tell us how many holes there are that will help us help you too. Looks to me that they are 8v batteries and if you are charging them 2 at a time with a car charger they are UNDER charged.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
Jaydeeeze
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I was thinking low voltage to but the charger that came with it isn't working. I'm not sure why yet. The serial number is A9541-467696
Old 05-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #8
Jaydeeeze
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Oh n I'm guessing that the electronic box that's bolted up under like the back rests that has most of the wires going to it then to the motor is the electronic controller. So that means I have a 48 volt cart n that my batteries are still very low. Is there anyway to bypass the charger plug and hook up straight to the batteries? Some1 has rewired the plug n I'm wondering if there is a way to just charge it by just plugging in the positive from batt 1 n neg from bat 6 and where do I plug those 2 in on my plug that has 3 wires.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #9
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydeeeze View Post
Oh n I'm guessing that the electronic box that's bolted up under like the back rests that has most of the wires going to it then to the motor is the electronic controller. So that means I have a 48 volt cart n that my batteries are still very low. Is there anyway to bypass the charger plug and hook up straight to the batteries? Some1 has rewired the plug n I'm wondering if there is a way to just charge it by just plugging in the positive from batt 1 n neg from bat 6 and where do I plug those 2 in on my plug that has 3 wires.

. . . why not fix that first . . . or are you just trying to see if cart runs? You can use your 12v charger to bring up each battery individually, monitoring the charge so you do not exceed 7.5-8v charge per battery, which should not take too long . . .
Old 05-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #10
Jaydeeeze
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok went n had my charger tested today and it worked fine. I bought a new charge plug for my cart and put it on and it started charging now. I walked away and came back about 45 min latter and it was off. I tried to unplug it and plug it back in and messed around with it for a few min and couldn't get it to work so I left it unhooked and left it alone. I came back about 30 min latter plugged it back in n it started charging again. It keeps turning off after about 30 min n doesn't turn back on that I've seen. What does that grey wire in the middle do? I'm guessing that it has something to do with the charger turning on and off. It goes to some sort of control unit looking thing. Would the batteries be causing the charger to turn off or would it be that unit that the grey wire with the fues is going to?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car