lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #11
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which brake shoe is leading and which is trailing?

[COLOR="Dark Red"]Great thread guys[/COLOR]. during my build I had to take the brakes off. I had thought I put them back correct but the passenger side was acting funny. After this post i got to thinking about it. With it raining from Andrea I had some time so I took the drum off to take a look and I had the lower spring back wards. Also had an opportunity to grease.

Good stuff Thanks

A man told me once, " if you think something small is not significant, you have not slept with a mosquito in the room!!"

Last edited by Springlake; 06-07-2013 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Had not had my coffee...
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #12
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springlake View Post
[COLOR="Dark Red"]Great thread guys[/COLOR]. !!"
lockman, why did the color do that? Is it something I did?
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #13
jdmilam
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I recently ordered brake shoes from Shop EZGO for installation on a 2010 electric TXT. The left side (driver) shoes were well worn and the right side (passenger) were like new due to improper adjustment of the “brake pedal free travel” which did not allow the right side brake cable to retract far enough for the adjuster to engage the next step of the star wheel adjuster. The parts received: 612411, “shoe new style leading” stamped 17L and 612412, “shoe new style trailing” stamped 17T. I installed the 17L shoes to the front of the cart and the 17T shoes to the rear of the cart. That is not how the probably original shoes were installed on the cart. To me, leading means front side during forward direction of travel. The above part numbers are found in the EZGO Parts Catalog 8th ed. for carts starting May 5,2009 onwards.
On cars the small shoe is the front or leading shoe. These golf cart shoes look almost identical to me.
Furthermore the whole EZGO system has a lot of incorrect, missing, or incomplete information. I still like ‘em though.
Again:
612411 17L front leading
612412 17T rear trailing
jdmilam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO