lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #21
seoighs
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Florida golf cart insurance (street legal!)

I was unaware that the State of Florida licensed Golf Carts for road use. I live in the Tampa Bay area, and was informed that was not possible, though there are 'communities' where local ordinances permit limited gold cart use.

I also have comprehensive coverage through State Farm on my '07 Yamaha. They just added it to my existing auto policy over the phone...cheap - under $120/yr. - covers replacement value for theft too.
seoighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2014, 06:51 AM   #22
ZEM
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
my 2000 CC DS insurance jumped . now reg and tagged as a 2014 ASPT added to my statefarm policy with my other two trucks went up 28.00 a month,
What does the ASPT mean?
ZEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:15 AM   #23
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

not sure, I would assume for Assembled by Parts. when I went for the inspection for street legal and passed they assigned a new VIN number and it came back titled as a 2014 ASPT
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:18 AM   #24
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEM View Post
What does the ASPT mean?
FLORIDA DMV SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION ... Generally, it is used for home- made vehicles whether they are kits, re-builds, or assembled from parts (ASPT).
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #25
Rob_s
Getting Wild
Club Car

This was the most recent thread I could find that was Florida-specific...

We have a 2012, registered/manufactured by the previous owner in 2015, Club Car Precedent we're trying to get a new tag for. I'm wondering how some of my fellow Floridians made out with regard to this. Specifically, any tips or tricks on how to talk to the insurance companies, and any companies that are writing standalone policies.

We are in Palm Beach County, if that helps/matters.
Rob_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:17 PM   #26
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_s View Post
This was the most recent thread I could find that was Florida-specific...

We have a 2012, registered/manufactured by the previous owner in 2015, Club Car Precedent we're trying to get a new tag for. I'm wondering how some of my fellow Floridians made out with regard to this. Specifically, any tips or tricks on how to talk to the insurance companies, and any companies that are writing standalone policies.

We are in Palm Beach County, if that helps/matters.
Make sure you are getting automobile insurance, if you get cart insurance which many try selling you, your license will be suspended. Trust me! I had Safeco and they assured me it was street legal insurance for my cart, well the State did not agree. I had to pay a fine and other problems due to the Insurance not being full automotive insurance. I now have State Farm that is the correct type. If it is cheaper than you thought, it isn’t the correct type of INS. Be careful
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #27
kawasaki
Gone Wild
Tomberlin

I have Safeco insurance on my 2 street legal golf carts for 4 years, I pay 145.00 a year and I have not had any problems.
kawasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:51 PM   #28
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

you should have got a real title for it , just like you would if you bought a car . insured though statefarm as a 2014 ASPT Low Speed Vehicle and you will have all the same choices that you would have on a regular car .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #29
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki View Post
I have Safeco insurance on my 2 street legal golf carts for 4 years, I pay 145.00 a year and I have not had any problems.
That's the same I paid and all was good for two years until the State renewed my actual tag which set off something that caused them to suspend my liscense. SAFECO gave me a letter saying they screwed up and did not issue an auto policy with the required limits which caused the issue. My cart is registered as an ASP so it now is a vehicle not at GC in the States eyes.
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #30
Rob_s
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well, I called up USAA and for $500/year we got squared away. Insured as a vehicle, good to go.

I spoke with a friend in Fort Lauderdale that is paying $100/month for theirs.
Rob_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car