lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #21
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Default Re: New radio install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh Bear View Post
Where's the Radio power coming from? Did you add a xtra battery just for accessories?
Like the name...that's my daughters nickname...I installed a 12 v, 35 ah mobility scooter battery instead of a reducer. That way any and all future accessories are not draining the main battery pack.
lance_214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #22
Pooh Bear
Not Yet Wild

Lance, That's actually my nickname also. Mat r fact ,it's been for the last 38 yrs. I am new to the buggy world. I just bought my first one off Craigslist . A 2007 ez go txt for $600. Only needs a axle bearing. Therefore I feel like I can afford to spend a little xtra cash on it.lol. A condominium complex was getting rid of it since they purchased 3 new club cars.
Pooh Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #23
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh Bear View Post
Lance, That's actually my nickname also. Mat r fact ,it's been for the last 38 yrs. I am new to the buggy world. I just bought my first one off Craigslist . A 2007 ez go txt for $600. Only needs a axle bearing. Therefore I feel like I can afford to spend a little xtra cash on it.lol. A condominium complex was getting rid of it since they purchased 3 new club cars.
Welcome to BGW by the way and $600...geez that's cheap. you can pick up axle bearing pretty cheap. There's alot of great sponsors on this site. I'm guessing its a 36 volt. Installing a radio is pretty easy...I recommend an accessory battery but like I said others swear by the reducer...either way its good. You can get ideas for your radio install, aka: dash or overhead console by looking at ebay..they have alot of options.
lance_214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #24
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Getting back to garrett's post here.

That is a fine install garrett, your choice of materials for the radio backing was excellent, the detail in cutting your holes, perfect. If we are critiquing I would have put the cig accs closer to the radio, because if you hang around here long enough you will be adding other stuff..

Great Job .

By the way, I am looking in the garage pile for a meter like that. See it is contagious.............
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #25
garrettgrant
Not Yet Wild

I utilized the same, 12V - 35A from Batteries Plus ($85). Not to big, not to small. Been running the radio on weekends for about 6 - 8 weeks. Still not have to charge it yet but will this weekend.

Just added some LED's to the glove boxes and under the cup holders. (the wife just shakes her head!!!)
garrettgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #26
BRYANEAST
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettgrant View Post
So far,so good with the radio and speaker install. Added a 12V accessory outlet and battery meter for the accessory battery. On to the LED lighting for some bling!!
That is exactly the setup I am about to do to my cart!
BRYANEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO