lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
bigcbizle
Getting Wild

Default should i change motors emp to raptor

Ok i have a txt on 48v with 2 gauge cables and a alltrax 4855 my motor is a emp M13-0659 i dont know any details as far as rpm hp ect ?????? Hell i dont think emp even knows after talking to them?
Anyhow my cart is a four seater and runs really well mid 20s pretty easy maby 28 mph max i dont do any trail riding but their is some steep long hills at my camp and the cart does very well.
I have a option of buying a 2 week old raptor motor for cheap. Would it be worth the money
Would i see a loss down low on power?
bigcbizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: should i change motors emp to raptor

not sure what you call cheap.....but the Raptor is more about speed. Its the motor I have. as you can see in my sig, I am only at 36v, am running the Alltrax SPM 48500, SD Solenoid, HD F/R, 2 ga cables and Interstate U2200 batteries, 6" lift and 23" tires. NOW, where I am at its FLAT no hills at all......and my cart will run 27 MPH with no problem. IF I were to up the voltage to 48, scotty tells me to expect a jump of about 33% in torque and speed.....that's close to 35 mph.

yurtle is bound to chime in too, as he has the Raptor in his cart too.

It really boils down to where you need that extra speed at the cost of your torque.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I don't really have anything else to offer, as I don't know what his current motor is. If it's used a lot in campgrounds, I'd think you'd want torque over speed, but it's hard to pass up a good deal.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I don't really have anything else to offer, as I don't know what his current motor is. If it's used a lot in campgrounds, I'd think you'd want torque over speed, but it's hard to pass up a good deal.
Thats what I was thinking, 'cause you never know when you will need or want it, even if for a future project/build. I'm a pack rat like that! lol
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had a EMP 2 spd motor before I got my D&D motor. I think all of the EMP motors are just a rebuild of the stock 2.5 hp motor. I am much more satisfied with my D&D.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO