lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
KCR
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent blown controller

As I was making some changes to my 12 v to 8 volt conversion I find the tow/run switch was not working and I caused a big ark that must have taken out my controller on my 06 Precedent. I was looking on ebay and see several used ones. Is all my programing lost on my old controller? I had speed #4 programed in at a cost of $100 so is this lost also. If I buy a used controller am I stuck with the program in the controller? (The dealer we purchased a truckload of carts from is 400 miles away so a reprogram would be difficult). If a used one is not a good option would it be better to upgrade to a high amp controller for about the same price as a new Curtis 250 amp.
KCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #2
jonitza
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent blown controller

I had the same problem with my 06, so instead of wasting $100 to have a new controller programed with code 4 I called Plumb quick, got a used curtis controller( $250 I think ) then I puchased the purple Bandit.The motor gives you more speed than code 4 and a little more low end torque I'm really happy with that set up. My cart blows the other carts in my hood away. Both are pretty easy to replace as long as you take your time and follow the directions Plumb Quick gives you.
jonitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent blown controller

I agree get one that has not been pre programmed by club, car so you won't need to pay them for every change. And if you get a higher rated unit it will even work better with your stock unit.
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car