lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2021, 07:35 AM   #11
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New ECO Battery, New worry!

Another option :)

https://www.springfield-armory.com/h...pact-handguns/
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2021, 07:57 AM   #12
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Best suggestion yet! I think we have a winner!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 05:19 PM   #13
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Replace your threaded hold down studs or rods with left-hand threaded parts, and add left handed nuts.........Thieves won't be able to figure that out...

Or, there's these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/16489864768...IAAOSwEgpguoL4

but I don't see a wrench....

BEST idea...as you won't need to replace the battery for years, weld the bracket!!
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:37 PM   #14
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronno6 View Post
Replace your threaded hold down studs or rods with left-hand threaded parts, and add left handed nuts.........Thieves won't be able to figure that out...

Or, there's these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/16489864768...IAAOSwEgpguoL4

but I don't see a wrench....

BEST idea...as you won't need to replace the battery for years, weld the bracket!!
Yeah, I saw these. The socket for them is $45.00!

I think I am going to install a push button switch under the seat that will close when the seat is raised. This will sound the horn. I think that would be enough to make most nosey people leave it alone. It would only be used when I stop at a store parking lot. I'll have a kill switch somewhere else for my use.

2 switches and some wire. I can afford that!
Old 10-03-2021, 12:29 PM   #15
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Yeah, I saw these. The socket for them is $45.00!
The battery cost $2 grand.......
Peace of mind.....priceless......
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 12:55 PM   #16
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronno6 View Post
The battery cost $2 grand.......
Peace of mind.....priceless......
Why do you always have to be so sensible?
Old 10-05-2021, 04:48 PM   #17
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

How about a carriage bolt down through the mounting bracket, with the nut underneath the cart where it's far less accessible to a thief?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:48 PM   #18
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
How about a carriage bolt down through the mounting bracket, with the nut underneath the cart where it's far less accessible to a thief?
I like that idea! I would need a 13 to 14" long one in 5/16". They are not available in that size. But I could make my own......Hmm! Let me think on that.

I did find this interesting seat lock from a few years back. I really would like to prevent the seat from even being raised. There is a lot of valuable stuff under the seat besides the battery.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...t=locking+seat
Old 10-06-2021, 08:10 AM   #19
dc.901
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
not sure population has anything to do with it , only 2 people in my house and things come up missing all the time....
Ha! So if you go lock and key method (to lock your seat) then you would have to worry about losing the key?
dc.901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:05 AM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Just my .02 I think you’re overthinking it. Your thing says you’re in Kingsland… I lived in St. Mary’s for a while so I know that area pretty well. Pretty safe area for the most part. I really don’t think I’d be worried about anyone stealing the battery there. Most people wouldn’t even think about it and the hoodlums that would be of concern aren’t gonna pop up the seat and mess with trying to steal the battery. They’d take the whole cart and figure out the rest later.

Plus most people expect to see 500lbs of batteries under the seat and not at all likely to screw with trying to unbolt and steal them all.

IMO seat locks open yourself up for more damage to the cart. The seat is only as strong as the plywood under your butt. Wouldn’t take much to yank up by the handle and pull the screws out of the hinges in the front. Especially if the seat is older and half soggy anyway like most already are

I still maintain my stance that if security is a concern, an ATV alarm isn’t very expensive (around $50 for a viper alarm) and comes with both a tilt sensor that would go off if someone sits in something like a golf cart, and provisions for a closed loop circuit you could use to trigger the alarm if someone lifts the seat. The best deterrent in a parking lot or some place like that is flashing lights and a siren making a bunch of noise. Especially if you mount the siren above the wheel well pointing under the seat, it will be blasting high pitch siren noises in their face as they’re trying to do anything under the seat but if it’s behind the plate where the controller and OBC Mount, they wouldn’t be able to access it to rip it out. At least not easily. And if they’re that determined they’re taking the cart anyway…
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car