lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2021, 11:35 AM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZGO TXT intermittent forward and reverse

Just because it clicks doesn’t mean it is good. Check the voltage on the controller side of the solenoid with the pedal pushed.. With the wheels in the air of course..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2021, 12:36 PM   #12
ssanders14
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Just because it clicks doesn’t mean it is good. Check the voltage on the controller side of the solenoid with the pedal pushed.. With the wheels in the air of course..
What voltage should I be seeing on the controller side of the solenoid? I know I have 36v+ on pack side. I will test this later tonight or tomorrow after work.

Thank You.
ssanders14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:38 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

When the solenoid clicks it should be pack voltage.
Old 10-25-2021, 04:53 PM   #14
ssanders14
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
When the solenoid clicks it should be pack voltage.
I tested the solenoid a few minutes ago and here are the results. With my Voltmeter on a negative battery terminal and the cart in forward I have pack voltage on the pack side of the solenoid. I initially had no voltage on the controller side of the solenoid. After depressing the go pedal all the way I get voltage on the controller side of about 25volts. After releasing the pedal I get pack voltage on the controller side of the solenoid. I'm going to guess that this means that the solenoid is bad? Solenoid kept voltage for more than a minute on the controller side after turning key off and putting the cart in tow mode.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:42 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you have a resistor on the main solenoid terminals you will have close to pack voltage on the controller side with the pedal up. That is what helps charge the capacitors in the controller so it doesn’t spike when the solenoid closes. If that voltage drops with the pedal pushed the solenoid is bad.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:54 AM   #16
ssanders14
Not Yet Wild

Yes, voltage drops with pedal pushed, goes down to about 25v. I'll order a replacement and report back.
Old 10-26-2021, 01:56 PM   #17
OhDannyBoy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssanders14 View Post
New to me 36 volt golf cart with Date Code A1709. I'm reading that means its a 2009. Trojan Black batteries that are new and fully charged. Tested with volt meter to 38.6 volts. Yesterday evening the cart quit fulling moving in forward and reverse. It will sometimes move 6 ft or so in each direction and then sometimes will not move at all. I can distinctly hear the solenoid clicking. All wires are in good condition. Cart has a Curtis controller. Ran it for a couple of miles this morning and then after returning home and parking the cart and trying to use it again about 20 minutes later it wouldn't move. Any help would be appreciated. I'm thinking it is either the FNR rocker switch or the solenoid.
i had a similar issue a while back and i believe it was the solenoid. or a combination. i installed a bigger solenoid and it fixed the issue immediately.
OhDannyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:08 PM   #18
ssanders14
Not Yet Wild

***UPDATE*** Replaced the solenoid and all seemed to be good to go. Ran a circle or 2 around the backyard and it didn't stop at all. Decided to go for a ride and as I was pulling out of the back yard and pushing the pedal all the way down it gained speed then kinda lurched and slowed down. Did this a few more times and then would only go slow at that point. Getting around 6 mph when I used to get 15 - 16 mph. Checked voltage on pack and controller side and they match when the pedal is pressed. I am looking at an issue with the pedal, fnr switch or a speed sensor? Anything else I should be checking? Also, I have 2 wires on the pack side of the solenoid. The big power wire and 1 smaller red wire. Looks like it wired through the harness into the controller but haven't fully traced it as it is encased in some wire moulding.
Old 10-27-2021, 05:59 PM   #19
ssanders14
Not Yet Wild

I also put cart in diagnostic mode and didn't get any diagnostic beeps besides the cart giving the initial 4 beeps indicating freedom mode/chip is installed.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:43 AM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sounds like the speed sensor is having issues. With the key on and in F push the cart and see if it tries to brake itself. It will also beep to tell you that it is kicking in.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO