lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2021, 11:17 AM   #1
kenhouser
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default ezgo wont go

ok have a ezgo electric series model and it starting going real slow
then don't go anymore -- well almost

i read all the its testing threads and this is what i know

form B- to the white wire on the ITS has 1.5 volts when the micro switch closes (powers up the controller)
then at full throttle i get 1.7 and then it will ease up to around 2 volts

then sometimes just putting the volt meter on the white and the black wire on the controller will make it move a little but very slow.

so my question is ITS?
or something else

PS i do believe that all the connections are good Molex connector has been removed

PSS here is some history on the cart previous owner put 6 8 volt batteries in it and something smoked. i got it about a year or so later after he passed and his kids wanted to get rid of it.

all i found wrong was the micro switch in the pedal box was bad and one of the micro switches on the FNR was bad.
grand kids been riding it for 4 months and one of battery cables got loose i think cause it melted the post on one of the batteries. after fixing that it ran good for about 3 days and then moved real slow. then does not move at all.
thanks for all yo help
kenhouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2021, 12:31 PM   #2
Threeput
Gone Wild

Default Re: ezgo wont go

First think I'd check was the battery...put voltmeter across battery ,,,then see what happens to the voltage when you press the pedal
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 06:47 AM   #3
kenhouser
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Pack voltage stays the same about 38 volts before and after the pedal is mashed.
this was measured at the controller.

oh one other test that i Did was measure across the white and black wire of the ITS or plugs 2 and 3 at the controller and that voltage is about 6 but it move around a good bit.
12 volts means the ITS is bad
14 volts means a broke wire from the its

this is straight from Scotty B's page
"DCS and Series carts have a signal range of 0.4-0.6v through 1.5-1.7v"

but this one starts at 1.5 and goes to 1.7 and then eases up to two after about 3 or 4 seconds.
so the ITS is either doing the wrong thing or the controller is outputing the wrong voltage

guess i will order an its and see what happens
Old 10-25-2021, 01:27 PM   #4
kenhouser
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO won't move, solenoid clicks, pack voltage 38.8

after performing some more test that I read on here, I am still a little confused as to what the problem might be.
EZGO series model 36 volt stock controller

test that i have performed

pack voltage 38.8~ before and after the pedal is pushed

b- to b+ on the controller is 34.5 before the pedal is pushed, pack voltage when pushed.

b- to m- 34.5~ before and pack voltage after the pedal is engaged thru wide open

b+ to m- is 0.00 before and after the pedal is engaged thru wide open

b- to white wire on controller (spade lug 3) 0.0 then- 1.3~ when micro switch is closed then 1.7~ when the pedal is all the way down (wide open)

b- to black wire on controller (spade lug 2) 0.26 then 3.5~ when micro switch is closed then 5.0v~ when wide open

white wire to black wire on the controller 0.26 to 4.0v~ when the controller is powered up to 5-6 volts wide open

ohm resistance across the ITS 1.8 meg ( i know that this is a bogus test but why not)

conclusion is either the ITS or the controller or both are bad. hate to thro parts at a problem but i guess i will try the ITS first and go from there

thanks Ken
Old 10-29-2021, 03:17 PM   #5
kenhouser
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

well i can tell what is not the problem.
replaced the ITS same problem
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO