lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
Jayhawk04
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Problems with Jake's?

Has anyone had problems with communication from Jake's?

Long story short... I bent the left spindle on Jake's kit.

So Monday morning I call and order a replacement spindle. The ordering went pretty fast... the lady asked for my email address so that an invoice could be sent. She told me I should see the spindle by Thursday. By Tuesday evening... still no invoice... So I sent an email to the link on their site (to Glen and Kari) and ask about the Order (I'm thinking that they got my email address incorrect in their system) and I still get no response.

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt... and waiting until Friday... Still no invoice or spindle.

Since they are closed now I'm going to have to wait until Monday and try and call again.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar lack of communication in dealing with Jake's....
Jayhawk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

Default Re: Problems with Jake's?

I have not, however I have worked for a major shipping corporation and I can tell you that your part may have been sent out but delayed by the shipping provider. By and large these companies provide an excellent service but there are occasional hickups. If you reach someone from Jake's on the phone ask if they can provide you with the name of the shipper and if possible a tracking number. Hopefully your part will show up monday. Good luck!

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Jayhawk04
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well...

The spindle did come Monday... but it was the wrong part. They sent me a spindle for a Precedent. The invoice was correct... their warehouse people pulled the wrong part.

So, I call back Tuesday and speak to Glen. He apologizes and says he will send me the correct one next day with a return label for the wrong one. I told him that I wouldn't be a home during the day and he says he will see if they can just send me a label to send the part back.

I get home Wednesday and there is a tag from the UPS guy about the return. I call UPS and they tell me that the guy will be back and that I can leave the return one outside with a note.

Today, I leave the spindle on the porch with a note and the tag from the day before. When I get home, the package is still here. I check the tracking # from the tag (the tag was basically a receipt for the return label not the label itself)... and it appears that the UPS guy put the return label on the new spindle and sent it right back to Jake's on Wednesday.

So much for having the parts to get the cart running this weekend.

This whole ordeal has been frustrating... All for a stupid replacement spindle.

Lesson learned... never drive at night with your lights off...
Jayhawk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I have never had a problem with jakes, maybe someone just having a bad day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart 001.JPG (137.4 KB, 4 views)
johnk4jmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Reminds me of a snowball rolling downhill.....hope they get it sorted out.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts