lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #21
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggie Dead after washing - HELP Please

How do we post your thread to the off road side and the Club Care side, there are alot of other good folks who know alot more than me!!!

Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #22
TMJORD
Not Yet Wild

The cup holder will come out push in on the dash just above the cup holder then the tabs on the cup holder will be exposed. To get the switch out there are tabs on top and bottom of the switch. Depress them and push out on the switch. Is your cart running one green navitus controller or two blue sevcon controllers. If its a navitus you should of had the accelerator retro fit kit installed due to the recall. It should have a status light on top of it when you turn on the key you should have one red/orange flash then it should turn solid green. If there are any faults the light will indicate that so check that and post on here if you have anything but a solid green light.
TMJORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #23
TMJORD
Not Yet Wild

If its two blue sevcon controllers they each have a status light. one controls the front motor and one controls the rear if either have a fault count the flashes and post on here.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #24
mjrcpd
Not Yet Wild

It appears that there is only one controller and it looks silver in color. I have not had any recall work done (wasn't aware of any) on the cart so I have no indicator lights showing status or fault series. As of now, cart still goes fwd but no reverse. However, when switching from fwd to reverse, I can here selonoid click and "hum." Hoping to have help in the morning to locate all connections to disconnect, clean and reconnect to see if that makes a diff. I'll re-post my progresss. I again appreciate all the input from the members. What a great resource this site has become for me !!
mjrcpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #25
TMJORD
Not Yet Wild

I will take some pics of one i finished today at work. I will include how to remove the cup holder the switch etc.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:27 PM   #26
mjrcpd
Not Yet Wild

I would sooooo appreciate that as it would certainly help. I'm praying this ends up being a moisture issue that hasn't caused any permanent damage. It only makes sense as the cart failed directly after washing. The recalls you spoke of.......should I regardless of what happens now, bring it to Bass Pro for those upgrades? Does the accellerator recall actually affect the pedal itself? Reason being, I have a set of hand controls on my bbb, as I'm paralyzed from the waist down. If so, I'm wondering if I'll have to fab another means to affix my controls. Can you send a pic of the pedal as well. Thank you in advance. Mark
Old 12-31-2011, 03:27 PM   #27
mjrcpd
Not Yet Wild

We were able to get to the controller and it os in fact the single green navitus. The only connections we could see were one on either side of the controller. We separated and both appeared dry. We were also able to remove the cup holder and check the fuses, all of which appeared fine. We took off the plastic housing covering the controller as well as the back seat hoping to allow more air to the controller area. I also pointed a fan in that area just to make myself feel better, knowing it probably won't make a bit of difference. HUGE BUMMER
Old 01-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #28
mjrcpd
Not Yet Wild

As of this AM, no reverse.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #29
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you just taken it out and just run the heck out of it fwd?
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #30
mjrcpd
Not Yet Wild

What a riot Steve !! I just yesterday told my wife that I wanted to do that exact thing before we got too much snow. She just laughed and said, "what happens when it stops going forward and your out in the woods?" Good point seeing my legs don't work ! At any rate, I opted not to take the chance. I know, I know.....what a big wussy ! Ha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO