lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2017, 08:43 PM   #1
Vabeachg19e
Not Yet Wild

Default Need some ideas for a leveling/drop bracket for g19 Yamaha

Ok so here's the the deal....the front end rake in my g19 drives me insane and looks terrible. So I have decided to fabricate drop style brackets to lift the cart. I am still fitting and fabricating the brackets now and getting ready to weld them on. As pictured I have raised the front end 1 1/2 and in the pictures the cart is sitting exactly where I want it. From center of eye to center of eye on the arm is 11 3/8. I'm looking for shocks at this moment and this is where I need advice. What size shock should I order to allow for the static sag or natural sag of the front end of the cart? I read some where on here the cart will naturally settle 2" with the stock springs but that doesn't help me if I go with an after market type adjustable atv shock. Has anyone done this type of project before and could lend some advice? Or someone have a formula that could get me where I need to be? Thanks in advanced for the help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1019.jpg (84.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1023.jpg (126.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1016.jpg (110.9 KB, 0 views)
Vabeachg19e is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Need some ideas for a leveling/drop bracket for g19 Yamaha

You change the shock who knows, it is really try it and see. I would recommend you find a shock you like the action of, then move the mount to make the ride height like you want. Or make an adjustable bracket with multiple holes to use, etc. My G9 I made a bracket out of 1.5x3 inch tubing with 3 holes in the end, cut end on slight angle, cut out sides a little on end, drilled 3 holes across it. Stand that up and bolt on to frame, now I can use any 3 holes the inside ones are softer but lower, but soft enough they do lower the cart. I did this with stock shocks on a lift.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts