lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
ia_cyber
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

Talking Cushman 800X Hauler into a 2+2 (EZGO TXT)

Local dealer had a brand new 2017 Cushman 800X Hauler with dump bed that he could not sell. He converted it to a 2+2 with rear seatbelts and threw on a 23' tires with 14inch rim package and longer roof. With the 0% for 48 I jumped on it as I sold my 48v CC DS a few days ago.

Ordered a 12 and 20 inch light bar for the brush guard and a new shifter. Wife loves it already.... We were stuck at 12-13 mph with the old non-IQ cart and after messing with the throttle cable on the new cart, got it up to 29mph during the test drive when i got it home. I dialed it way back to 22mph and will keep it there for a while.

From my understanding this Basically a rebranded EZGO TXT cart. I heard these may have a limited slip differential. How could i verify that? Tks

ia_cyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2019, 10:29 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Cushman 800X Hauler into a 2+2 (EZGO TXT)

The 800 is just a hauler sitting on a txt frame. The X series sometimes had a wider front end so lifting it was different but yours already has that so not a problem in your case. That cart should have the Kawasaki motor in it so be careful with the speed. They get over 4K rpm and things start floating and that is bad. At 22 you should be okay. As for the rear some had lockers but that would have a cable setup on the top of the axle usually on the passenger side. Sweet cart btw
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:46 AM   #3
ia_cyber
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

ill look for that cable. It would be a nice surprise if it had that.
ia_cyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:53 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

My 1500x did but it also had the 16hp vtwin Briggs so more torque than the Kawasaki. With your setup you probably won’t need it but it would be a bonus. Also be cautious hauling the cart backwards with the windshield in. It will blow out at speed.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:42 AM   #5
MILLERTIME
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I like it.
MILLERTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO