lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2020, 12:52 AM   #1
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Vanguard re-ring job

Anyone on here ever actually re-ring a vanguard? Any tips ?
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2020, 10:22 PM   #2
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Vanguard re-ring job

Guess we don’t have any engine rebuilders on here I’m gonna get on some lawn mower sites
Old 05-18-2020, 05:57 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

What is your question? Are you having a particular issue? Most small engines assemble the same way. I've done quite a few Honda's, Briggs singles, Kaw, and Kohlers. Haven't gotten into a Briggs Vanguard yet, but I wouldn't imagine it would be all that different from the others. I know you want to use the Graphoil head gaskets and not the metal ones, but again, that's universal. I always use a factory service manual when I can.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 07:28 PM   #4
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My question is now that I find my head gasket did not fix my oil burning...smoking...spark plug fouling problem I guess I’m gonna re-ring the vanguard of course if the cylinders look ok I just can’t seem ANY thing anywhere about the mechanical aspects of it except for torque values I guess they don’t generally need a lot of work so I am looking at some lawn mower sites like heymow
Yeah SLO and a factory service manual would be nice if
I could find one
Ok since I posted this I found a Briggs manual online and it has all the info I should need 👍
Old 05-19-2020, 06:32 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKERMIKEYBLACK View Post
My question is now that I find my head gasket did not fix my oil burning...smoking...spark plug fouling problem I guess I’m gonna re-ring the vanguard of course if the cylinders look ok I just can’t seem ANY thing anywhere about the mechanical aspects of it except for torque values I guess they don’t generally need a lot of work so I am looking at some lawn mower sites like heymow
I could find one
Ok since I posted this I found a Briggs manual online and it has all the info I should need 👍
There you go! If you've done rebuilds before, you shouldn't have any trouble with this engine. Don't forget to replace your valve stem seals and check your valve stems for wear. Now is also a good time to do a valve seat grinding.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 06:48 AM   #6
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKERMIKEYBLACK View Post
I could find one
If you go on Heymow and tell them the engine is in a golf cart, they probably won't talk to you...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!