lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
silcozot
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default GE 36V motor test

Hi I'm happy to have found this forum!! I have a 1968 Cushman new batteries in 1998 ! still working ( I'm budgeting for a new set ) and it has been a great ride till last fall I heard a loud bang when I pushed the GO pedal and now she is dead! I have the original manual and have traced eveything back but not sure how to test this motor 4 terminals .....s1 and s2 have continuity ?? is this good ? I would really appreciate some help here.

Thanks...Shaun
silcozot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
jackel440
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: GE 36V motor test

I don't know either ,but I am sure someone will chime in who knows what to do.I imagine they will want to know all the specs on your buggy and motor if you can post it.Good luck!
jackel440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome to bgw..... continuity between S1 and S2 is okay and between A1 and A2 is good but not between any S and any A terminal
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #4
silcozot
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi Scottyb thanks for your reply !

seems i have continuity between a1 & a2.....s1 & s2 so that's good right? now how would you proceed from here ( i am not an electrical engineer ) can I try to put power to the motor ? and if so how? I removed the old batteries and left them outside this past winter they are probably toast, can I test with some 12v batteries I have ? new ones will be on order tomorrow I can wait but any thing else I should try ?"

THANKS Shaun
silcozot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Give this a try for your motor test: http://www.empinc.biz/tech_support.p...troller_series
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts