lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2022, 08:49 AM   #1
Derrekforreal
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Save it or salvage it?

Hello folks on the forum,

Long time lurker, reader, member since 2017, but rarely post. We recently purchased a 3-wheel 1987 electric EZGO Marathon in working condition, but will need some maintenance and work in the future.

By chance, I ran across an electric 3-wheel 1983 Marathon this past weekend. Owner claimed it was working, but thought the F/R switch stopped functioning. In the owners attempt to “prove” the motor worked, he did something (direct wiring to battery) just prior to our arrival and exploded a battery. He was bleeding from his face where a piece of plastic battery casing hit him

Anyhow, that info, along with the rusted out battery tray, dents, etc. I figured this was now a “parts only” cart and grabbed it for cheap. The thought being many parts should swap into our ‘87 (or our friends who have an ‘85).

Being new to electric carts, am I correct that this cart should be used for parts then scrapped, or should I actually attempt to see if it can be saved?

Derrekforreal is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO