lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2018, 05:10 PM   #1
GA_bbco
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 Club car DS - still having issue after 5 minutes

Hello all,

My 1995 FE290 is still having an issue with running for 5 or 10 minutes...once heated up, it will stutter a bit and then stop. When I press the accelerator, it just does the normal sound before it would actually move...like doesn't "turn over." I have replaced, coil, fuel pump, spark plug, carb, all gaskets, fuel lines clear, and have ran it until it stopped running and then checked spark against metal...which it had fine. Rev limiter has been taped off, so not that either. battery is about 3.5 years old.

What else could possibly be causing this?

thanks in advance!!!
GA_bbco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2018, 11:23 PM   #2
unknwn
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1995 Club car DS - still having issue after 5 minutes

Does the problem persist when the gas cap is removed?
You should check the amount of fuel in the float bowl when it -quits- running as compared to float bowl fuel level when it DOES run, very shortly after initially starting it up.
This line of thought results from suspicion of a possible fuel tank vent problem.
Also, if the float bowl VENT hose is stopped up or kinked you can also suffer a float bowl fuel level predicament that can follow successive carb. swaps.
Another possible in the same fuel delivery mindset: Does the fuel filter(s) orientation -horizontal- or are it/both/either fuel filter point uphill at all?
The somewhat anemic vacuum-pulse fuel pumps on these things might have a problem over coming an uphill head-pressure much less filling/keeping full a filter chamber that is oriented in that uphill direction.
I might be speculating out of my hat, but these are some possibly valid points of investigation.
unknwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:41 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknwn View Post
You should check the amount of fuel in the float bowl when it -quits- running as compared to float bowl fuel level when it DOES run, very shortly after initially starting it up.
This line of thought results from suspicion of a possible fuel tank vent problem.
Also, if the float bowl VENT hose is stopped up or kinked you can also suffer a float bowl fuel level predicament that can follow successive carb. swaps.
Another possible in the same fuel delivery mindset: Does the fuel filter(s) orientation -horizontal- or are it/both/either fuel filter point uphill at all?
The somewhat anemic vacuum-pulse fuel pumps on these things might have a problem over coming an uphill head-pressure much less filling/keeping full a filter chamber that is oriented in that uphill direction.
I might be speculating out of my hat, but these are some possibly valid points of investigation.
These are very good points of investigation. Almost exactly what I was going to say.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:33 PM   #4
GA_bbco
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknwn View Post
Thank for the reply. The carb and the vent hose on it are new...the issue is still happening when gas cap off. The filter is pretty well horizontal and in the same spot as before the issues. I did take off the hose and made sure the pump was actually delivering fuel. After 5 to 10 minutes of it sitting......it runs again for a bit and does the same exact thing. Next stop is having a shop look at it, but was trying to avoid if possible ($150 pickup and delivery fee alone). appreciate any help
GA_bbco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:28 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Have you tried totally removing the rev limiter? Run the wire from the coil straight to the white/black wire.

What brand spark plug? Whats the part number on it? How long will it spark if you test it after it quits running? I've had a coil fail that still would spark for a few seconds before it tapered off. That engine wouldn't run at all though.
If you pull the plug out after it quits running is the plug wet? Does it look clean or is it sooty black?
Any obstruction in the air filter or air tube?

I'm not totally sure, but does a 95 cart have a separate igniter? https://www.cartpartsplus.com/golf-c.../ignitor-92-96
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:46 AM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Was working on a 2000 Club Car with the exact same issue. It had a new coil put on it last year so we initially thought it wasn't the coil...but it was the coil. The coil was a cheap Chinese knockoff. We ended up putting on the genuine Kawasaki unit and that seems to have fixed it. Maybe you bought the same coil and are having the same issue. A guy I know who works on carts said that there were a lot of cheap, failing coils out there on the market and that replacing with genuine Kawasaki units are a must if you don't want to keep fixing the same issue.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car