lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2019, 05:47 PM   #11
cramermy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lifepo4 Pack Specificatons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I prefer a LVCO alarm, so it warns the driver to get out of traffic and head for a safe location. You could set up a low voltage alarm that will sound off before the pack reaches the BMS LVCO setpoint. Solves your concern.

I bought a new factory E-Z-GO 12V converter for $25 from a seller on eBay. Just keep doing searches from time to time. I had no harness or connector for it at the time, so I bought the harness from the E-Z-GO site afterwards.

Bob
Hi Bob, thanks for the info on the RXV converter. I'll keep checking ebay for deals. Where can I find out more about how to create that LVCO alarm you designed? Do you have a write up somewhere I can reference?

thanks,
Myles
cramermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2019, 07:10 PM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramermy View Post
Hi Bob, thanks for the info on the RXV converter. I'll keep checking ebay for deals. Where can I find out more about how to create that LVCO alarm you designed? Do you have a write up somewhere I can reference?

thanks,
Myles
It is very simple. My interlock contacts are connected this way...

Com is connected to battery pack +.

NC is connected to the + side of an RXV reverse buzzer.

NO is connected to the keyswitch +48V input.

The - side of the RXV reverse buzzer connects to battery pack -

When the reset/override switch is on, the buzzer sounds and you drive to a safe location to recharge. This is how I operate my RXV. My RXVs reverse buzzer is disabled in the controller configuration.

When the reset/override switch is off, the buzzer sounds and the cart stops.

You can flip the reset/override switch on to drive to a safe location to charge.

If you wire the interlock to the throttle pedal, it cannot be interfaced with the buzzer the way I did it.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:37 PM   #13
cramermy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Old 02-27-2019, 09:01 AM   #14
cramermy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi Guys, I have revised specs and a BMS design drawing that i'd love you to comment on. As far as i can tell with my limited experience in the electrical world the spec and BMS looks ok.

But you guys are clearly the experts so any advice/comments are much appreciated. I added the specs and BMS drawing as "attached pictures" so hopefully you can see the details clearly when you open them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48v 150Ah spec page 4.JPG (105.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 48v 150Ah spec page 5.JPG (85.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 48v 150Ah spec page 9.JPG (87.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg BMS Drawing.JPG (81.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-17-2019, 08:26 AM   #15
brucehaley
Not Yet Wild

Did you purchase and install that battery pack?
brucehaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 02:07 PM   #16
cramermy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes I did. Sorry for the very late reply. I didn't see your question until now. We used it all last summer camping. I love it. Has a ton of runtime, charges fast, and a little better performance as far as I can tell just driving it around camp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2020, 01:32 PM   #17
MrBritGolfFan
Getting Wild

Quote:
Yes I did. Sorry for the very late reply. I didn't see your question until now. We used it all last summer camping. I love it. Has a ton of runtime, charges fast, and a little better performance as far as I can tell just driving it around camp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That looks awesome!!! Wow this whole thread is brilliant. I wish i had seen this thread before i made my battery purchase!

That pack looks really clean and sharp too! any possibility to get an approx amount for one of those shipped here to US?
MrBritGolfFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:39 PM   #18
cramermy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBritGolfFan View Post
That looks awesome!!! Wow this whole thread is brilliant. I wish i had seen this thread before i made my battery purchase!

That pack looks really clean and sharp too! any possibility to get an approx amount for one of those shipped here to US?
So the pack cost me $2200 with the display. The 30 amp charger cost $250. Shipping was $400 by boat LCL shipment delivered to my door (could have shipped 4 at the same time for $400 but I only needed the one pack.

If I did it again, I'd get a 15 or 20 amp charger rather than the 30 amp and save $100. Shipping right now from CN is really expensive due to Covid impacts.

The cost on the pack and charger has come down a bit since I made the buy but that savings is wiped out by the shipping now.
Old 07-14-2020, 03:58 PM   #19
MrBritGolfFan
Getting Wild

Quote:
So the pack cost me $2200 with the display. The 30 amp charger cost $250. Shipping was $400 by boat LCL shipment delivered to my door (could have shipped 4 at the same time for $400 but I only needed the one pack.

If I did it again, I'd get a 15 or 20 amp charger rather than the 30 amp and save $100. Shipping right now from CN is really expensive due to Covid impacts.

The cost on the pack and charger has come down a bit since I made the buy but that savings is wiped out by the shipping now.
Thank you for sharing that!

How was all the workmanship, quality etc? soldering joints? connections used etc? all good?
MrBritGolfFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:04 PM   #20
cramermy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBritGolfFan View Post
Thank you for sharing that!

How was all the workmanship, quality etc? soldering joints? connections used etc? all good?
Everything is really good quality with one exception. I had one wire from the pack to the display that broke off that I had to fix. It was a really thin wire and just too short. I was taking the top off the pack a bunch and eventually stressed the wire and it broke. I replaced it with a longer wire that was thicker gauge and more flexible and its been great since.

I just remembered one other thing I'd do differently. I'd have the manufacturer add spring handles to the pack. I didn't request it and I wound up doing it myself to make it easier to get it in/out of the cart.

Tags
ezgo, lifepo4, lithium batteries, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO