lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2021, 10:17 PM   #1
McDx
Not Yet Wild

Default Buying a 2021 ICON i40l, any advice?

Hi all, thank you for having me on your forum. I am about to be a proud new owner of an ICON i40l. I live in Florida, the land of the half year waiting list for one of the BIG3. Of course local dealers are "warning" me not to buy ICON or advanced EV. You'll be sorry they say. But when I ask them why, no one has anything concrete to say other than it's "Chinese".

Electric Golf carts are simple in design and none of what these people say scares me at all. Which leads me to my actual question. Parts availability. Has anyone here had any issues at all with their ICON, needed parts and couldn't get them? I never trust what the dealer says because they'll say anything to make the sale. Any advice or tips for a new owner would be greatly appreciated. Than you guys.

James
McDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2021, 12:01 PM   #2
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: Buying a 2021 ICON i40l, any advice?

Get your ICON forget the big 3...they are far behind in tech and just now
moving ahead ..but still have a lot of catching up do...

ICON has a great support team and the owner of ICON is on facebook
and very proactive with clients it appears..

Parts are not a problem...
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:00 PM   #3
McDx
Not Yet Wild

Awesome. Thank you. Yeah I felt the same way. It test drove a couple big3 and the ICON. The ICON was plush and FAST. What a difference in feeling. Digital speedo, disk breaks, AC motor, onboard charger. I'm stoked. I really don't understand the hate people give about these carts. All good though.

Had another question. If the batteries are 8volt where do you guys pull 12volts for the stereo? Do you use a 48v to 12v stepdown transformer?

Thanks again.
McDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:42 PM   #4
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

ICONS have a 48v to 12v converter...but you may need to install a
12v outlet yourself or have your dealer install it for you...

Best wishes and congrats on your new cart!!
Old 03-21-2021, 02:43 PM   #5
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Forgot to say that while the individual batteries are 8v the pack voltage is
8v x 6 = 48v..
Old 03-21-2021, 02:53 PM   #6
nickmo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDx View Post
Awesome. Thank you. Yeah I felt the same way. It test drove a couple big3 and the ICON. The ICON was plush and FAST. What a difference in feeling. Digital speedo, disk breaks, AC motor, onboard charger. I'm stoked. I really don't understand the hate people give about these carts. All good though.

Had another question. If the batteries are 8volt where do you guys pull 12volts for the stereo? Do you use a 48v to 12v stepdown transformer?

Thanks again.
I tapped into the onboard converter and installed a 12v fusebox. So far I've only powered some under carriage led colored lights.
nickmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon