lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2021, 11:22 AM   #1
Quick Turbo V6
Not Yet Wild

Default Thinking about the conversion to lithium

Hey,

I need new batteries probably next year, after seeing the price I was looking into lithium instead. I have a 2001 CC DS and was looking at the eco battery “kit”. Any thoughts, good,bad, someone else’s kit?

Thanks,
Scott
Quick Turbo V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2021, 01:25 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Thinking about the conversion to lithium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Turbo V6 View Post
Hey,

I need new batteries probably next year, after seeing the price I was looking into lithium instead. I have a 2001 CC DS and was looking at the eco battery “kit”. Any thoughts, good,bad, someone else’s kit?

Thanks,
Scott
I have NO experience with lithium other than what I read here. That said, I have been looking at all options for replacing my 8 year old FLA batteries.

I never heard of the ECO Battery company, but thanks to you, I seem to have found a new favorite. The single 48 volt battery, 72 AH, charger, 48 to 12 reducer, removal strap for the old FLA batteries and installation kit, make this one a no-brainer for me.

I like that there is one BMS for the pack instead of individual BMS's used on multiple battery setups. The Roypow and other large single packs will not fit in my pre-2000 cart without major frame modifications.

I'm going to keep looking but this seems ideal and the total price is pretty good.

Thanks for submitting the question and good luck with your conversion!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 02:37 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I have 2 of the allied 48v 30aH batteries for a 60aH total and couldn’t be happier. I got them from plowmans (site sponsor) he’s got the best prices on the web for the allied batteries. The benefit of this is if you need more capacity, just add another battery. They drop right into the existing battery locations and tie downs. With kids and hills, I get around 30 miles per charge, maybe a bit more. I have never really pushed them to the limit this is more than enough for me.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 05:00 PM   #4
todd1010
Not Yet Wild

On my current Trojan 48v T875 batteries I'm only getting about 3.5 miles per full charge until the 50% light comes on so I think its time to change the batteries.

I'm thinking of getting these Allied Batteries. I've got a 2015 Club Car Precedent with pretty much stock everything except a little larger tire & wheel combo and its not lifted with a aluminum rear seat set up from Mad Jax.

The Allied setup seems like a no brainer since no modification is needed (at least with my cart) and no extra equipment is needed except for what seems like you need to buy a new battery charger.

Am I missing something? I don't want to regret my decision.
todd1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:31 AM   #5
dc.901
Getting Wild
Club Car

For 2003 Clubcar DS, I recently replaced Trojan Lead-acid batteries with BigBattery.com (48v-bdgr-kit-of-2). This is a kit, so comes with all cables, charger etc.
Since, the install was done just 2-weeks ago, it appears to be working fine, have not had time to do a true range test.
I will be honest, I saw several youtube videos before jumping to lithium.
dc.901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 08:56 AM   #6
cnaught
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I have 2 of the allied 48v 30aH batteries for a 60aH total and couldn’t be happier. I got them from plowmans (site sponsor) he’s got the best prices on the web for the allied batteries. The benefit of this is if you need more capacity, just add another battery. They drop right into the existing battery locations and tie downs. With kids and hills, I get around 30 miles per charge, maybe a bit more. I have never really pushed them to the limit this is more than enough for me.
Are you running a stock motor and controller? I have a Alltrax controller at 400a, and the stock motor. I'm wondering if two of the Allied would be sufficient?
cnaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car