lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2022, 04:21 PM   #201
nate_texas
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2022 ICON Controller Parameters.

Okay, I've read through most of these posts and just want to know is there an easy way to:

1. find/order the software needed
2. how to increase the top speed
3. how to have more torque going up hills

That is all I am trying to change, is there an easy setting for these changes?
I have a Toyota Neos controller? Thanks.
nate_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2022, 07:29 PM   #202
stevet61
Getting Wild

On the NEOS controller, yes
stevet61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 11:09 PM   #203
nate_texas
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Okay, with the help of Crazy Matt I was able to increase the max speed to 28mph from 24mph, line 45 was maxed out at 7000, is there a way to get it to go higher on the max (admin change maybe). I want to get to about 35mph if possible. I still can't figure out the hills slowing me down, is that the torque line? Thanks for any input.
Old 10-13-2022, 12:11 PM   #204
JBux
Not Yet Wild

New to forum and just ordered a New I60L being delivered tomorrow. I don't have PM rights yet on here as I just joined. Crazy Matt - How might I purchase a cord from you? Also do you know where I can find the newest software download? Thanks
JBux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 12:30 PM   #205
nate_texas
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjet1007 View Post
Many thanks for the feedback JAG. I am pretty sure I changed that to 7200 but will verify after I get back from a trip. I have found several data fields that will "limit" another that you have changed that is under a different tab. At least that is what it appears. Will be nice once we all figure this out and have a "set" of line items to change to achieve the speed, torque and acceleration we are searching for.
Ramjet, did you ever find settings for top speed (35) and torque up hills?
Old 10-13-2022, 01:37 PM   #206
derelicte
Gone Wild

Torque is controlled by current. You need to increase those limits. Based on your tire size and axle ratio you may not be able to go 35. Once the motor hits the rpm limit, you're done.
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 02:20 PM   #207
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post
Torque is controlled by current. You need to increase those limits. Based on your tire size and axle ratio you may not be able to go 35. Once the motor hits the rpm limit, you're done.
Yup, this is very true.
You have to increase all the current limits. The controllers are very dumb compared to the Industrial Variable speed drives I normally work on. They are not hard current limits from what my testing shows. Setting a current limit at 200amps, it will not run up to 200amps and clamp. From what I have seen even if I'm drawing 150 amps, bumping the current limit from 200 to 300 will allow the controller to supply more amps. Very odd. Not sure why they programmed the current limits on a curve based on motor rpm. You only need one to protected your equipment.

To achieve max speed and torque capabilities, I had to crank the current limits to the max of 400amps throughout the rpm range. The next limit I ran into is the battery current limit. I think mine was 250amp by default. Increasing this was how I was able to achieve 37mph and almost 7200rpm on the motor.

But you will also run into issue being able to supply that current and not have voltage drop issues. Battery cable size, battery type, battery life, all effect the ability to hold the voltage without sag.
__JAG__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 03:58 PM   #208
derelicte
Gone Wild

Did you hit 37mph on a lifted cart?

The motor controllers I work with have constant and peak current settings. You are allowed to hit the peak current for a short period of time before it starts throttling the current. Maybe the limits we are setting are the constant current and it allows for some % over? I don't know.

Also, the pid controller is is trying to hit the accel and deccel times you have configured. I have my times set lower than is possible so it ends up overshooting the speed limit. I need to fiddle with it to try to prevent that. That's on my to-do list.
Old 10-14-2022, 07:53 AM   #209
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post
Did you hit 37mph on a lifted cart?

The motor controllers I work with have constant and peak current settings. You are allowed to hit the peak current for a short period of time before it starts throttling the current. Maybe the limits we are setting are the constant current and it allows for some % over? I don't know.

Also, the pid controller is is trying to hit the accel and deccel times you have configured. I have my times set lower than is possible so it ends up overshooting the speed limit. I need to fiddle with it to try to prevent that. That's on my to-do list.
No, I have a non-lifted.
__JAG__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 07:55 AM   #210
derelicte
Gone Wild

That explains it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon