lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2022, 04:18 PM   #1
Oldspot
Not Yet Wild

Default Rxv salvage

Hi all,
This is my third cart project (2 is more than enough).
Bought a 2013 Rxv blind from an auction (so cheap!).
You wouldn’t believe what some animal has done to it.
Welded a 4mm plate from the front of where the battery box was to the back axle. Taken the motor controller etc out!
So I have a cheap, beautiful looking cart. Shell
Where do I go, buy a Rxv motor/controller or buy a back axle with brakes and turn it into a txt?
I have time and a bit of cash but don’t know which way to go.
I don’t want much lift, I think I could get 20 or even 22 inch wheels on without lifting. Always want speed, but 25mph is enough.
I don’t have many parts kicking about, txt back axles are cheapish, I do have a spare 72v 100ah battery.
Oldspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2022, 10:28 PM   #2
cwklay
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Rxv salvage

If you want the best, get the txt axle for the brakes, then get a Navitas AC motor kit for the speed/effeciency, then plop some 72v lithium's in the battery box and go win drag races and tractor pulls.
cwklay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:46 PM   #3
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

There was someone here the other day I believe looking for an RXV rolling shell to build a stretch cart. Maybe sell to him as is and find a better one for yourself?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 07:41 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Some pictures of the salvage would be nice... To convert an RXV to an TXT would be pretty difficult, i guess. The RXV is an all electric cart, the frame, pedal assembly and the sensors are completely different. Even when a TXT axle will fit, you'd have to connect brake cables to the electric pedal assy, which is w/o any parking brake funktion. Shocks won't fit also. There is a Navitas controller conversion available for the RXV, but i don't think a controller/motor kit?

But, everything is possible...
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 11:05 AM   #5
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Western had an electric cart built on an RXV frame that had mechanical brakes. Someone posted one on GCMods on Facebook a while back.

If you have the original RXV axle salvage the 17:1 gear set and the Limited Slip and move it to a TXT and sell off the scraps... I have a TXT with an RXV diff and 17:1 gear in it... Its really not 17:1 after you move it more like 16.8:1 or something... But it is awesome.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 08:02 AM   #6
Oldspot
Not Yet Wild

Ok so update, I have fitted an amd series 15hp motor, 500 amp controller and contactor. 25 inch balloon tyres, it’s ferocious! Jake’s 5inch lift kit. TXT back axle with brake pedal engineered (no hand brake yet but working on it).

The spindle drops on the front are way out.
Steers like a pig on a skate-board.
I would like to upgrade the front somehow, and definitely fit front brakes.
The wheels are 25x12x9
Has anyone got any suggestions 👍
Old 05-21-2023, 08:11 AM   #7
Oldspot
Not Yet Wild

Sorry 3 inch lift
Old 05-21-2023, 10:15 AM   #8
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldspot View Post
Ok so update, I have fitted an amd series 15hp motor, 500 amp controller and contactor. 25 inch balloon tyres, it’s ferocious! Jake’s 5inch lift kit. TXT back axle with brake pedal engineered (no hand brake yet but working on it).

The spindle drops on the front are way out.
Steers like a pig on a skate-board.
I would like to upgrade the front somehow, and definitely fit front brakes.
The wheels are 25x12x9
Has anyone got any suggestions 👍
Remove the lift and just go with 20" tall tires. For the extra 2-3" on the tire it isn't worth lifting an RXV. Go back to the standard height. Tires will fit and cart will drive significantly better at stock height. Lifted RXVs suck.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO