lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2022, 02:01 PM   #1
C2GCPVA
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G29 Transaxle Noise after changing Input Shaft

I replaced the input shaft on a Yamaha G29 due to spline failure inside the motor. Now when I drive the cart there is a ticking noise coming from the input shaft per every rotation, I would describe it as when your on a roller coaster and your getting pulled up the first hill. It seems like the shaft wasn't machined exactly to specs.

Removed the Transaxle to inspect for what's going on, and everything looks correct, no visible damage to any gears. IMO the ticking is definitely coming from the shaft itself.

When contacting where we ordered the shaft from for tech support, they told us you have to replace all the gears at the same time as replacing the shaft . I haven't seen that mentioned before as well as we replaced an input shaft on a different Yamaha two weeks ago with no issues. Those extra gears are expensive! Would really like some input before making that decision to replace the gears as well.

Tempted to just order another input shaft to see if this one was machined wrong.
C2GCPVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha