lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2010, 05:11 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Star vs. EzGo

Okay, Kids....
Lets review what we have learned today The Chinese golf carts are rusty and they do not make fun aftermarket stuff for them. You can't get any 'after the purchase' support form dealers who are quitting because the cart's parts are not as they appear in the repair manuals printed just 6 months earlier.
Is that right?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #22
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

If you could buy a chinese Vett for 30% less would you????? Its been proven for many many years. You get what you pay for. Sooner or later it WILL show you why it cost less. Just my $.02
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockMan View Post
If you could buy a chinese Vett for 30% less would you????? Its been proven for many many years. You get what you pay for. Sooner or later it WILL show you why it cost less. Just my $.02
Are you crazy? That's common sense
Is common sense allowed here
Old 07-31-2010, 09:40 PM   #24
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Sorry I lost my head!!!!!!!!!!LOL
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:03 PM   #25
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Okay, Kids....
Lets review what we have learned today The Chinese golf carts are rusty and they do not make fun aftermarket stuff for them. You can't get any 'after the purchase' support form dealers who are quitting because the cart's parts are not as they appear in the repair manuals printed just 6 months earlier.
Is that right?
that about sums it up.....

They are Shiny piles of excrement in my opinion..... Although I have been having fun with the ExCar's that I have in the shop (clones to the AlumaCar which itself is a clone of the Precedent). But my fun is based on the fact that they come with AC motors..... I really love the AC systems.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:16 AM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

AC is cool Zoom ~ Zoom
Old 08-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #27
jantrree
Gone Wild
Club Car

Guys it's each to their own. If you can buy a cart for next to nothing taking advantage of the tax credit and you get 3-5 years life out of it, what have you lost? Nothing in my opinion. We all know carts don't last forever no matter what brand you buy. Are parts more available for club or e-z-go? Of course they are. If he bought the older e-z-go, he would have to update it and get it in shape. Then he has much more into it than he does with the Star. Look at it this way. It's a cheap way for someone to get into carts. If the bug hits them and they love them, I am sure they will migrate to another brand unless the Chinese carts become much more durable and parts are more available. I remember people saying the exact same thing when my mother bought a Toyota Corolla in the early 70's. Now look who is laughing. I also remember as a kid when "made in Japan" meant junk. I don't think we feel that way now. Made in China is in my opinion about what made in Japan was years ago. Maybe they will be junk for years or maybe they will develop a good cart and dealer network. Time will tell.
jantrree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #28
kyroger
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

OK guys, I appreciate all of the input, BUT one more question. 2003 Ezgo electric with 2009 Trojan batteries and new tires-$1500. Plain white not beat up no windshield.
Good deal or not.
Thanks,
Roger
kyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #29
TigerVette
Not Yet Wild

Star

Sounds fair for the information provided.
TigerVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #30
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Does it have a title?............
lbmfpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay