lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2011, 05:48 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: help 96 club cart won't start --ready to pull hair out :)

the black box is the rpm limitor and the littkle silver thing with the single spade is the ignitor.......no way to really bench test them other than to replace them............................but you found both of them..........
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #12
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The ignitor can be replaced by an item commonly found on many small engines. Weed eaters, chainsaws etc use similar units and are a fraction of the price of the originals. The RPM limiter can be eliminated as a problem by simply leaving the ground wire disconnected.
Although I have never personally done this; I can't see why you couldn't convert to the later combined coil / igniter system. You may need to extend the igniter wire but the coils attach the same to the flywheel housing and with the RPM limiter out of the loop this set up should get you running.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Club-...8586QQptZLHQ5f
If you must have the limiter (children etc) I have one you can have cheaply.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #13
netpro
Not Yet Wild

thanks a lot guys .... that will save me a lot of $$$$ and grief, you know how it goes why spend hard earned $$$ for nothing ... ( as in throwing parts @ it unnecessarily ) and no i don't need the rev limiter ... the kids are big enuf to know better and it doesn't go that fast anyway .....
netpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

its not just how fast.....theres nothing to stop from over revving even at 12 mph.......but if your careful you can get away with it......................
Old 06-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #15
netpro
Not Yet Wild

hmmmmmmmm.... i'm not sure i know what you mean ...i thought it was just a matter of how much " gas" they gave it and how fast they were going .... you lost me sorry ... and btw i went to the local auto parts place and they were either too dense or lazy to figure it out what kind of weed eater or small engine to cross reference it to ... any idea of what kind of bone i could throw these dummies here thanks again ...... it can't be that tough to figure out LOL... i gotta find a small engine repair place me thinks or ....
netpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

when your driving and you have pedal to metel engine can only go so fast and rotate so fast but you can still over do it the rev limitor is a saftey device that sends a signal to stop just before you get to that point and without it theres nothing to stop you from over revving the engine.... let say top rmps are like 3950 with the limitor you can,t go above that but without it you can and that will cause engine damage......someone else can explain it better but this is the jist of it.................................
Old 07-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #17
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

the shop i go to hes a older man they just cut the ground wire. they say they have never had a issue with it. that is the way mine is being run with no issues.
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i have seen several that ended up junk.......i klnow people who ride em with it not working but i have seen the damage they can do......................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car