lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Club car crash testimonial

Just as I was learning about this site and became a member, I had a gas Club Car. A few weeks ago it took a spill off of my 16 ft. trailer because I didn't strap it down. Was leaving marina to another area of lake and just locked the brake. Stupid is what stupid does........please don't berate me, I have already gotten it from myself and my insurance company said "really?". So, it wasn't covered. Has to do with farm exemption. Anyway...the testimonial. I felt the vibration when the brake pedal came unlocked when I went over a dip in the road. Long road through there.....typically smooth and I was doing about 60mph. I watched in my mirror when I felt the vibration and saw the cart rolling backwards on the trailer. I had my grandkids in the truck and my woman....instead of hitting the brakes and letting it slam into my truck, I let it go off because no other cars were in sight. It went off the road as soon as it came off and went straight into the tree line where it hit the right front and side on an oak at 50mph. On impact it went into the air where it rolled 90 degrees and came down hard on the left side. The impact destroyed my suspension on the front and not shown in photos is that right front tire was knocked back into passenger compartment. I put it up on wheels again for transport. The frame was fine and the drive line held up. No car of any kind couldn've withstood an impact like that any better. Seriously damaged, yes. I traded it on a new one because I was going to make a change anyway. Even though I have an EZ now, I wanted you Club Car guys to know that I am a fan of CC's because I know they can take it and keep on going.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WRECKED 005.jpg (316.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg WRECKED 012.jpg (122.2 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg WRECKED 007.jpg (150.1 KB, 40 views)
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club car crash testimonial

Man that's a tale worth hearing. I love my CC but I also couldn't pass up a good deal on my new EZ.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abaysphoto.JPG (347.5 KB, 9 views)
Tbinkley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
hotwhls
Not Yet Wild

Wow that stinks, at least no one got hurt.
hotwhls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

That was most important. Learned not to be lazy...ever.
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
strap it down
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car