lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2011, 07:15 AM   #11
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1985 ez go gas cart

Dave & BMC sorry and I stand corrected as per mounting points. I haven't put a lift on and didn't realize that the mounting point was in the rear spring area but as always YOU GUYS ARE GREAT thats why we all hang around here. KEEP ON CART"N
Thanks LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2011, 01:56 AM   #12
socal760
Not Yet Wild

first and fore most thank you everybody for all the replies and help..ill let the pictures speak for themselves hopefully the way i put together this lift kit will work okay..i ended up putting the side of the lift block with the nut facing down bolted everything together. also added a longer bolt,washer, and nut to the middle of the leaf spring to hold it together..also the kit came with some metal bushing/spacers for what i believe the back shocks but they were to long so i made my own i dont know even know if they were suppose to go there for sure since the instructions didnt mention anything
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lift 3.jpg (94.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg lift 4.jpg (137.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg lift 2.jpg (139.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg lift.jpg (229.5 KB, 11 views)
socal760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:59 AM   #13
socal760
Not Yet Wild

notice on picture one how the plates are bowed out from the top, should i worry about that? and i think i like the way it looks better with shorter bolts instead of having 4 long bots, ive seen a few pictures on this web site from other threads where a few members posted up pictures of there kit with shorter bolts
socal760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:44 AM   #14
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

If it works, it works. The problem with picture 1 is that one extension is inside the original bracket and the other is ouside. The circular spacers are there to ensure that you don't crush the original bracket as you tighten the bolt. Is this the part that you said was too long and subsequently made your own? If so perhaps you made it too short.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #15
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I had to do the same thing with mine, Dave - the problem lies in simple trajectory, the original brackets ID is the same as the shock absorbers OD, so unless you stagger them the extension brackets make a rather severe "V" (which isn't as bad if you stagger them) ... Mine had been holding up OK for a year of abuse so far, but the other option (as I saw on a buddies lift kit last weekend) is to use a piece of square tubing to replicate the two flat extenders, get a piece with an ID that will allow the shock to slip into it as well as fit over the original brackets, then drill through holes at each end and space it with washers (which I plan on doing if for no other reason than it's a lot beefier too) - that is, of course, unless I just say screw it and get some Geo Metro shocks which supposedly are long enough to bolt right in without the extenders

The original brackets are rigid, too, so no chance of altering the spacing - great design for use as intended, just a bit tricky to extend
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO