lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
dfryabq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2002 club car oil light comes on at top end

I just picked up a very nice 2002 club car with Stretch Plastics 6" lift with long travel and 22" Duro tires. The thing runs great. I took it out tonight (just picked it up last night) and GPS speed indicates 21-22 mph on flat pavement. I did a little checking and I think the ground cable for the rev limiter has been disconnected already. There does not seem to be a modification to the govenor. When I am at about 20 mph or more the oil light comes on, does not seem to be consistent but it does come on. Runs smooth, no cutting out, etc. Thing has been consistently maintained. I sent a question to the previous owner but it may be a day or two before I hear back. Any thoughts or suggestions? thanks, Dave
dfryabq is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #2
dfryabq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2002 club car oil light comes on at top end

OK, got an answer very quickly from the previous owner, anyway, he stated that he has 20w-50 in it due to us being in Phoenix and the extreme heat we have here, and not to push it for the first 1/4-1/2 mile until the oil has a chance to thin out then it should be fine, makes sense.

I will post some photos of the cart when I get a chance, this thing is a real hoot to drive and the stretch plastics lift and long travel is a great ride. can't believe this thing is doing 20-22 mph, has a tach and the RPMs so far do not seem to go above 2600, Dave
Old 12-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you change the oil keep in mind the lift is gonna thtrow the oil dipstick off......when you put 40 ozs in and check it will indicate its not full and then you,ll overfill it.................if it hasn,t been done you might want to make a new full mark on the dipstick.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
dfryabq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thx! I'll make note and when I change it I will indicate a new mark. Dave
Old 12-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
dfryabq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

OK, here's some photo's of my new buggie! hope the attachments work,,,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 015.JPG (407.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 014.JPG (412.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 012.JPG (383.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 009.JPG (391.4 KB, 20 views)
Old 12-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yep they worked......the only thing i don,t like is the way the brushguard leans way forward.......looks a bit odd but other than that cart looks good..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
dfryabq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yes it does, but boy they sure ride nice!
Old 12-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #8
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

another thing that helps is going to synthetic oil. i don't have exp. in the heat out there.. but i know in the cold it flows a lot quicker for me. the oil light comes on when the pump empties the crankcase and it isn't flowing back quick enough.

btw nice cart!
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #9
dfryabq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks!!! I jacked it up to get the motor level again the other day, drained the oil out and emptied the filter. Then measured 37 oz of oil and put in the engine. the level was right at the "FULL" mark, then lowered it back down, and the oil was at the "ADD" mark now, so the add mark is now where the oil level should be. I did use 10w-30 synthetic oil and no more light problems! It had to much oil for sure. Someone else told that when there is to much oil, the slinger really causes a ripple effect in the oil level making the sensor think the level is low when there is actually to much oil. I think there was probably about 1/4-1/2 qt to much oil, I was getting some blue smoke at top end also,,,,no more smoke either! adjusted the governor a little and no revlimiter so it gets to about 25 mph with just me. Have to install my 200 rpm spring in the clutch, it already has the driven clutch spring in and I need to have the driven clutch machined. Also want to put some seat belts on for the grand kids! Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car