lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2008, 08:19 AM   #1
gardnerphoto
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Question intro & need help ez go 88-94

well been surfing the net,found out this is the place to be when you are fixing up old golf carts,I have a 88-94 ez go (haven't figure out true year yet-but know how from this web-site!),36 volt-Some questions: How do you check batteries individually? Is something wrong with a battery when they bulge on the ends? Found out my solenoid wire burned into,why would that happen? Is 30 wt regular oil correct for rear end?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-2-08 001fx.jpg (183.8 KB, 3 views)
gardnerphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2008, 07:40 AM   #2
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: intro & need help ez go 88-94

Welcome to the site as I am a newbie as well. It will be beneficial if you can tell the members if your cart is a solid state or resistor. Solid state will have a vertical mounted car stero amp looking device with 6 battery size cable going to it and a resistor cart will have a horizontal mounted box with 6 studs on the top with battery size cables running to it.
You can check batteries individually with a multi-meter set to VDC and place the negative probe on the negative battery post and the positive probe on the positve battery post. You should see a reading of around 6.17 to 6.31 volts for each battery depending on the state of discharge the battery is in.
If you are referring to the solenoid battery cable the cause is more than likely a bad connection or corrosion has reduced the cable integerity.
The differential uses 30wt non-detergent oil (600cc). Again non-detergent.
If you can photograph the battery bulge and post it experts can tell you if the bulge is excessive. Mine bulge a little bit and they all seem to do this over time.
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO