lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #251
jerryggable
Getting Wild

Default Re: Home Depot Lifan 420 (15HP) Mods

Good info sho305. Thanks!
jerryggable is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #252
jerryggable
Getting Wild

This is an update on my leaking side cover on my Lifan 420 with mods. Pulled my side cover and the side cover gasket was torn - it was the original one shipped with the engine when it was new and I re-used it when I put the cam and other mods in. So I cleaned the gasket area real well (no defects) and reinstalled the side cover with a new gasket. This time I used non-hardening Permatex on both sides of the gasket. Torqued all the bolts and used blue threadlock on all the bolts after cleaning them. I then pulled the head to see if the head gasket was leaking internally and it was not. It is the .020 multilayer head gasket from Vegas Carts so I could re-use it but I think I will go with their .045 gasket which is not reusable. I am running about 10.5 to one compression right now so that should bring it down to around 9.75 to 1 and make it a little easier for the electric starter. Right now if the battery is just a little weak it will not turn it over. Really do not want to burn up my starter. My head gasket should arrive in the next day or so and I can get this thing running again. If I continue to have side cover leaking issues I guess the next step would be to install a vent in the side cover. :-)
Old 06-16-2017, 10:43 AM   #253
jerryggable
Getting Wild

Kart is all back together and running fine. I really cannot tell that I lost any noticeable power by going to the thicker head gasket. Now if the side case leak does not return we are good to go. :-)
Old 06-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #254
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Mine leaked but it was because I took the governor out new and did not put new loctite on the bolts, they came loose. I redid them and it stopped leaking. Apart again for mods so I'll get a new gasket in there now.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lifan 420 mods
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps