lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2016, 11:26 AM   #1
SGF
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 06 TXT clone muffler continued

I gave and got some input and posted pictures in previous threads about my VC clone exhaust. I need to get the muffler up higher and needed it moved forward. One local shop I visited said they didn't have the pipe bending dies and weren't that comfortable doing it anyway. Two shops said no since it is a golf cart. Today I took off work and drove 50 min. to a bigger town. The young owner that looked at the cart talked to me for over an hr. The conversation went back and forth with him saying he couldn't do it and me saying okay I'll look elsewhere and him coming back with maybe he could do it. I even showed him the pictures of Sschifer's exhaust that he posted. In the end I knew he was trying his best but wasn't comfortable so I left.

I've decided to do it myself. in a previous thread Skoal82 said he just cut the pipe back. At first I was concerned that this would leave it too low allowing the hot muffler to hit field grass. The truth is, how much is an extra 8" higher going to matter, when the grass is that high anyway. The question that remains is what to do about a hanger. If Skoal82 is out there I'd like a picture of what you did. Between yours and other pictures you guys have shared I'm sure I can make this work.
SGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2016, 06:25 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: 06 TXT clone muffler continued

I used a hangar from autozone for a few dollars. However I put it where I wanted and zapped it to the frame with the welder, so it was easy for me, but they have many holes in them for bolts. You can buy 1" pipe many places mostly for gokart stuff, some have also used conduit pipe from hardware places. You may have to get it welded but any muffler place or welding place can do that.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps