lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2017, 12:47 PM   #1
Ezie1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 36v EZGO Cart mobility issues.

This is a continuation of my original problem on this 92 ezgo 36 v with new batteries but stopped moving suddenly for no reason. With some helpful post and much time with test and charging batteries up overnight I finally got the thing to moving and maybe solved. However, over the past few days I found I still have issues. So I'm still searching for help.

Thought that my problem was solved, however after it sits awhile, (say anywhere from 15 minutes or overnight doesn't matter) it will move just a few feet then stops.
Solenoid still clicks when I engage accelerator pedal but that's all.
If I keep working the accelerator pedal and switching the FnR switch as I'm working accelerator it Gradually begins to to take life and gradually moves slightly, after a while it will build up to full power and run normally even up hills etc. Also this morning after initial routine it moved a few yards and stopped but I just left the key on for about 10 minutes in reverse and went back hit the accelerator and it took off like a dragster.
The batteries have been fully charged, there is no excessive heat built up on any parts or wires.
I'm really puzzled over this.
Is the FNR switch maybe cooling and not making good contact after sitting or the module have to build or store residual voltage, amps or something like that ???
Ezie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2017, 05:17 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 36v EZGO Cart mobility issues.

Possibly, when you wiggle things around and it slowly gets to full speed something is either worn out or not making a good connection anymore
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:14 AM   #3
Ezie1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I agree with your prognosis, as this has worsened over last few weeks and I've pretty well checked everything on it for loose or bad connections, I feel I have a problem within a particular part but through the search of diagnostic tests all parts are potentially the cause.
I'm kind of asking which part is the "most likely " to cause this through people's past experiences and simplist way to verify the components?
Throwing the wrong component replacement part on one at a time could run into a heavy expense. That may be my only out but hoping someone may have a little better option. Thanks for responders information.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:26 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I agree with the F&R idea. I don't see any way it could be the controller. If it were the solenoid, it wouldn't slowly work I up, but "on or off". Do the cam and board, not just one.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:29 PM   #5
Ezie1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, I'm probably going to try to get a complete F-R switch. Not a cheap part but I'm going to start somewhere.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO