lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2017, 01:49 PM   #11
HBR
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G29 / Club Car / Clone build

I have my final throttle cable set-up done as well. Made this from 3/8" stainless:

The piece of stainless steel wire connects the stock throttle cable to the carb. The return spring hooks to the wire, so there is no stress on the plastic piece on the top of the butterfly shaft.
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2017, 03:02 PM   #12
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Thumbs up Re: Yamaha G29 / Club Car / Clone build

Keep up the great work.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:43 AM   #13
HBR
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
Keep up the great work.
Thanks. The gas tank was delivered yesterday so I am hoping to be able to get it running again soon. I just need to figure out how to secure the tank.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:18 PM   #14
HBR
Gone Wild

The stock tank wasn't going to fit. It would be very close to the clutch and way too close to the exhaust.

Funny thing about the stock tank. When I went to pickup the gas cart, I forgot to the get the tank. I debated for a while and finally decided that I should go up and get it. The only problem was the tank was 70 miles away.

On the way home I hit some bad traffic and got re-routed a different way home. So after 150 total miles, I brought this home:

New 4 gallon tank installed. I purposely positioned the clamps at angles so they would oppose each other and help hold the tank in position.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:56 PM   #15
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

The new tank looks great. I don't know what that is in the back of your truck LOL but I think it hopped a ride home with you.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 05:05 PM   #16
HBR
Gone Wild

It definitely was riding back with me in the cab. There was something else in there besides stale gas - I havent smelled anything that bad in a long time.

I rinsed it out with fresh gas, Dawned it a few times and have left the cap off since December and it still smells a little.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:53 AM   #17
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Nice work on the intake stuff, that is pretty good freehand! I cut some alum pieces trying to make more intakes for my clone but been to busy to get time with a cnc to run them. One I made was off a little and modded it, so updated the cad, but can't make more yet. These are just for a hose to go on, so motorcycle type carb can go on a clone. I used a sink drain to make an intake on mine. Its largely because the shock is right in front of the carb on a G9, there is no room. Even to relocate the carb you need a short intake and a sharper bent tube to get out of there.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:31 PM   #18
HBR
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Nice work on the intake stuff, that is pretty good freehand!
Thanks. I was expecting that I would really screw up the first one and have to at least make a second one.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:07 PM   #19
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Excellent work HBR. Nice tidy installation all around. What is the number on that compact muffler?
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:11 PM   #20
HBR
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
Excellent work HBR. Nice tidy installation all around. What is the number on that compact muffler?
Thanks. That is a Walker 22229.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps