lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2019, 12:23 PM   #161
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: 96 EZGO VC625 Conversion

Rooster - what altitude are you at? Remember Ray is at sea level and a few hundred feet will change the way things work a bit.
The big problem comes from not understanding what your buying. Pulse pumps come in a variety of "volume of fuel" liters per hour. Then after studying Mikuni Super BN carburetors I found some of the pumps can achieve 60 psi. The sellers don't know what there selling otherwise they would include more info on the specifications of the purchase. Ray uses a B&S pump I think from his writings. This pump works for him but may have different results @1200ft ASL. These carburetors are manufactured for ounces of fuel pressure or what ever gravity pressure of 1.5 gallons of fuel in a on board fuel tank has on the float needle. I haven't had any problems.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2019, 12:54 PM   #162
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My house is at about 815 but the area I travel with the cart can range from 500 to 850' ASL.

I was really disappointed in the B&S pump but I am not blaming the pump. It could very well be the pulse signal from my engine. Then again, I may find some strange malady with the carb or elsewhere when all is said and done. Keeping an open mind at this point.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:13 PM   #163
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Do you have room for a carb spacer to power the pump ? Part is cheap enough and may be the answer.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:19 PM   #164
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I might have room for a carb spacer. Maybe if this electric rig won't cooperate with the rest of the system. I don't mind the electric pump. But I need to make sure I am getting proper feed to the carb so I can accurately tune the jets.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:57 AM   #165
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I picked up some clear 1/4" fuel line and the second fuel shutoff will arrive today. The clear line will permit me to see how well fuel is feeding the carb and I can regulate the amount of fuel passing through the overflow and the carb feed line.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:44 PM   #166
dakman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Here are some pics of 625 conversion I did with the VC kit. Everything went in as advertised. I had to make a 1/4 in extension for the throttle cable. I bought the Honda choke plate for it but didn't need it. It starts right up and runs great. I had to lower the idle a little after it broke in. Tons of power and very fast. I climb some steep hills with two big guys aboard and a bunch of shooting gear for sporting clays.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nv18451pS8O2tq5wxNlHKg.jpg (433.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1z7UiChRRd2pLg9XwPbHpw.jpg (249.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5F2kJ5VtTTm62zhjvPqYMg.jpg (368.9 KB, 0 views)
dakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps