lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: 10 bolt clone blocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Vegas carts is still offering their diy 460 kit. It says not available right now as they do no have any crankshafts to complete the kits. Geoff did tell me he is working on getting some crankshafts sent in via air so they can sell more kits. He was even open to possibility of selling kit to me without crankshaft so I could keep moving on the build and work the head/valve train in the mean time then order a crank from them if he got them in or from one of the 50 other places offering the 69mm stroker crankshaft online...
Pretty sure the 50 other places offering a 69mm stroker cranks ultimately come from VC
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #12
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevop25 View Post
I wanted the 460 for a while but with my kids riding I’m leaning toward a governed 420 or 440. Just don’t know what the best option is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another option is the predator 420 hemi that some feel runs the strongest out of the box due to its larger valves and ports. I spoke to Shepard a few days ago and with a jetted up carb and header he felt the hemi was Xtra powerful.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:57 AM   #13
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Default 10 bolt clone blocks.

Thanks for that. So I should nix the Duromax idea? I’m finding a lot of the predators are out of stock around where I live.

Stevop25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:18 AM   #14
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

If you are keeping the engine stock it probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference which clone you use. BUT if you are planning to hot rod it you need to consider your end goals.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:04 AM   #15
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Nobody hopes anymore than I do that they will continue to supply VC 460 engines. Someone else posted here that they were not going to continue supply them. Maybe Geoff will pipe in here.
I sure hope not aswell! I got all the stuff to install it in my carryall but the motor! When I called them last week it did not sound like they were going to quit selling them just did not have them in stock at the time and were waiting on parts- June at earliest but too hard to tell with the pandemic going on... so I got to looking on their site and saw 99% of the components were available individually for purchase (around 900 bucks to go this route) and I presented the question to Geoff on Facebook reguarding what I saw and questioned why they couldn’t sell the kits but had all parts available individually. He’s response was they are out of the crankshafts (went I went back to their site the crank shafts now say out of stock, did not at the time I checked it) and he did tell Me he is working on getting some shipped in via air to get the kits back avalible for purchase... my next point is something you touched on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Pretty sure the 50 other places offering a 69mm stroker cranks ultimately come from VC
NR Racing sells the vrx460 kit also and their site says INSTOCK. I called them Thursday 4/16/20 and the verified they do NOT have these in stock. I don’t know how many of these companies purchase from Vegas carts and physically have the parts on their shelfs vs how many just order from them and drop ship. Again I asked Geoff possibility of him selling the kit minus the crankshaft (out of stock) and cam (already purchased torque cam from VC) and he seemed to make it seem like he would be willing do sell it this way. My thought was I could source a crankshaft from one of the other sites or ultimately get it from VC once he gets them back in stock. Jonsin to work on something whiled cooped up at the house during this time. Figured I could atleast work on the head doin a little polishing and get the valves lapped in and everything else. Possibly set block in cart to fab the exhaust....
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 11:26 AM   #16
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

When parts were short a few years ago VC was out of crankshafts . Bullfrog's site listed it in stock. So I ordered one. Next thing you know I get an Email from Jeremy that that he is waiting on a shipment of crankshafts from Geoff. Shepard told me a similar tale about an engine block in that time period from yet another supplier. I don't know that these other vendors actually have stock or as you suggest merely drop ship VC parts. Similar situation on the 625's. VC is out of stock and Bullfrog still is showing them.So does he have some in stock or you will get note he is waiting for a shipment from Geoff.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:18 PM   #17
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I’ve got an old duromax 420 on my CC that’s on there going on 9 years I’ve thrashed the Crap out of it definitely not an inferior engine imo one of the best
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 01:28 PM   #18
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKERMIKEYBLACK View Post
I’ve got an old duromax 420 on my CC that’s on there going on 9 years I’ve thrashed the Crap out of it definitely not an inferior engine imo one of the best

Awesome how did you hook up the pulse for the fuel pump? Kind of the only thing holding me back.

Old 04-19-2020, 01:29 PM   #19
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have my fuel pump running off the valve cover also go to red beards garage he’s built up a couple of hot 440 duromaxs
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 01:34 PM   #20
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKERMIKEYBLACK View Post
I have my fuel pump running off the valve cover also go to red beards garage he’s built up a couple of hot 440 duromaxs

Gotcha I thought it would be a weak pulse from the valve cover.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps