BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2022, 12:08 AM   #42
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Do not buy from boblay

I second this.

Now we need a new thread to get that cart up and running. I am sure between us we can get this done.

Way too many hours have been spent trying to get this done.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 05:07 AM   #43
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
+1
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:22 AM   #44
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Here are a few pics the OP sent me so you guys know what you are working with. Sam has indicated she is buying a new Trojan battery to replace the marine battery in the picture. Emp indicated the motor is a stock replacement. The controller should work as sent from the factory. No user programming required. Stock solenoid and wiring are okay. GL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220717_150458.jpg (182.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg EMP.jpg (276.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Resized_20220721_213449.jpg (100.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg YDRE.JPG (172.8 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:39 AM   #45
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

400 & 500 amp XCT install for Yamaha G29 YDRE

Read this instruction & the install manual before starting. Be sure you have all the tools needed.
See the owner’s manual for diode orientation
Flip the Run/Tow (R/T) switch to tow. The switch is located in the rear of the battery compartment.
To remove the controller access cover from the back of the cart pull the center pin of the rivets out and pull the cover off. This will give access to the controller, solenoid, and motor with the rear seat removed.

Tag all the heavy cables and take pictures to show where each one goes BEFORE disconnecting anything.
Use masking tape and pen to make the following tags.
Controller POS should read B+
Motor A1 tag should read M-
Motor A2 tag should read B-
Motor F1 tag should read F2
Motor F2 tag should read F1 Note: If the F1 & F2 wires are not switched forward will be reverse

Remove controller and solenoid using a 10mm and 13mm wrench & socket. Change the F1 and F2 wire connectors from spade to the ring terminals provided by Alltrax using the proper crimping tool.

Follow the Flex adapter instruction taping the 4 self-locking nuts into the adapter before fastening it to the cart using the 4mm Allen head screws into original 3 mounting holes. Note the Alltrax name must be upright on the adapter.

Now is a good time to mount the solenoid.
Notes below for the 2 different upgrade solenoids we supply
Note the 200a black solenoid has a + sign on one big post the battery main + cable MUST connect to the + terminal. The small wire connectors will need to change from rings to spades for this solenoid. The small terminals on this solenoid are marked + and -. The red wire (with stripe) is + and the black wire is -.
Note the 400a brown solenoid has no + marks, simply choose either big post for the battery + cable.
The small wires can also go on either small post for this solenoid.
Originally here was a small red wire on the same post as the battery + cable. Place in the same location on the new solenoid. Place it on top of the big cable lug to maintain the proper priority stacking order.

Mount the controller using 4mm Allen head screws supplied. Connect the cables you tagged using the hardware supplied. Tighten these connections but do not distort them, they are electrical connections not lug nuts. Plug in the main wiring harness.

Notes on the BIG FUSE install. The fuse is simply used in line between the cable and the cable destination. Alltrax states the fuse can be put anywhere in the system (see manual). I prefer to place the fuse outside the battery compartment to avoid unwanted corrosion. The fuse may be put on the battery side of the solenoid or on the controller B-. Carts Unlimited has supplied a nut & bolt for the install. If an FN device is pre programmed that device must be installed.

When the install is complete flip the R/T switch to run and test drive. Note: In the case the cart does not go check to see if your model YDRE has an inline fuse near the R/T switch. If yes, this fuse may be burnt. If the 3a fuse has burnt replace it with a 10a fuse. Test drive and then replace the access cover. For step by step install with pictures by Scottyb go to the Yamaha Electric section of buggiesgonewild.com

Crimp the red connector on the banded end of the diode. This end is positive (+).
The positive small solenoid wire for YDRE is red with a white stripe.
This wire and the red end of the diode go on the same terminal.
If you have any doubt about how to install the diode leave it off until the cart is running, then install per instruction.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 11:13 AM   #46
SamanthaP0930
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I came across this site because of a solenoid question. I was lucky enough to have a few others reply as well as Cartmaster. This man literally took weeks troubleshooting with me. Which when you're helping someone that literally knew zero about electrical, batteries, etc. (Did not even know how to test volts on a wire) he hung in there till the end! (and he owns a gas cart no less!)

My thinking that Zelle was 100% backed by the bank and being so impressed with my experience on BGW, I attempted to buy a Narvis controller. That decision went south immediately. It wasn't until after being scammed that I realized you can see how much activity a person has on here, along with what they posted. I 100% take responsibility for my poor decision but to be completely honest I was disappointed that I was scammed by someone I thought was a member of the site.

You guys have restore my original impression of this site and how truly helpful you all are. I can not thank you all enough for having my back. I greatly appreciate it!

Thank you guys!!

Samantha
SamanthaP0930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 01:27 PM   #47
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Hey.....

It's who they are...
It's what they do....
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 01:35 AM   #48
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Due to circumstances beyond my control I may be off the forum for a few weeks, so hopefully some of you can assist Samantha in getting that cart running again. I have spent a lot of time on the PM system helping out but may not be able to access it for a while.

Good Luck Samantha. Scotty is a stand up guy for sure.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:28 AM   #49
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Samantha your icon kept making me turn my iPad sideways so here ya go.

And cartmaster who is going to keep CP241 in line while you are gone?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FF139BA9-7BE1-4194-B643-69E8F6CABC13.jpeg (8.5 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 11:11 AM   #50
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I can get access if need be. If I get cold turkey about it I will find an Internet cafe. I will still be here a few days sorting out a few things, then into the forest for an adventure 😀
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts