lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2022, 08:45 AM   #1
RJM
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default IQ Plus Dropping out over bumps

I am working through the final bugs on this 09 Carryall 6 IQ Plus. Overall it’s running well, biggest issue I’m running into is cutting out over bumps. I am getting a main drop out or main contactor open error. I am also getting an intermittent No forward input error.

When the cart cuts out, the solenoid doesn’t seem to click until I let off pedal. After I let off pedal it goes again.

Could this be the controller plug or a failing relay/sonic weld?
RJM is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2022, 08:51 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: IQ Plus Dropping out over bumps

It could be the solenoid dropping out going over a bump. Sort of sounds like that's what is happening.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:59 AM   #3
RJM
Getting Wild
Club Car

Should I try a new solenoid? The top posts are solid, the connectors for the light blue and dark blue wires on the small posts do not feel that tight. Maybe I’ll try taking the connectors off and stripping the small wires/attaching to the screws…
Old 10-03-2022, 09:02 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It wouldn't hurt to try a new solenoid. Depending how it's mounted, a vertical jar could cause it to open or it could be causing a loose connection to open.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 09:05 AM   #5
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had this same issue with my 04 precedent when I bought it (was the reason the guy was selling the cart)

I went through the cart and removed all the battery leads cleaned the terminals and applied dielectric grease to all of them including all the main leads on the solenoid and chassis grounds.

Another thing I did was any connectors on the cart I separated and cleaned the contacts in the connectors with deoxit.

Lastly I removed and replaced with new the spade terminals on the control wires for the solenoid as both were not a tight fit.

Some things to look at anyways.

https://www.amazon.com/CAIG-Laborato...s%2C224&sr=8-8

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078JT8K1L...roduct_details
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 09:56 AM   #6
RJM
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks, Jason. That looks like a good product. I believe the battery terminal one has already been applied, they have a thick oil like protective coating from the seller.

Did you check any of the sonic welds when cleaning up the connections? My solenoid mourning is a also a bit loose, I’ll get it all tightened up and retry. I can go for a 4 mile ride with no problems, then hit some bumps when going off road as I’m getting back and get the cut out.
Old 10-03-2022, 10:05 AM   #7
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJM View Post
Thanks, Jason. That looks like a good product. I believe the battery terminal one has already been applied, they have a thick oil like protective coating from the seller.

Did you check any of the sonic welds when cleaning up the connections? My solenoid mourning is a also a bit loose, I’ll get it all tightened up and retry. I can go for a 4 mile ride with no problems, then hit some bumps when going off road as I’m getting back and get the cut out.
That is exactly how my cart was acting as well. As long as I slowed down/avoided bumps it ran just fine. Cleaning and tightening the connections fixed it for me.

I did not check much with any of the sonic welds but they all appeared good.

It has been 3 weeks since I fixed the cutout issue and have not had a single issue since doing what I detailed above.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car