lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: 13 hp club car clonda

Some clones might have a different rocker cover? Mine if you tapped a hole into the side of it you would be in the part that is vented with the hose to the airbox. I was assuming since it is vented outside its not going to compress the pump that well, but hey I could be wrong. I tried the governor hole but since its right above the crank it fills with oil pretty fast, but did work until it filled up. Finally I bought a carb spacer from AGK with the barb in it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #12
RUDEINC
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

When I did the GX390 in my G2 I bought this kit and replaced the factory carb spacer with this one that has a "pulse port" built in. Works great, and only $6.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CARBURETOR-G...item4146ba0e71
RUDEINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #13
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

There is a baffle in the rocker cover, You have to tap in below the baffle or it won't work. We have done this many times on the 6.5 clones for racing. I like to tap in just barely below the baffle so when I thread in the fitting I pick up threads on the baffle also.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokcrlr View Post
There is a baffle in the rocker cover, You have to tap in below the baffle or it won't work. We have done this many times on the 6.5 clones for racing. I like to tap in just barely below the baffle so when I thread in the fitting I pick up threads on the baffle also.
That is on the AGK site, but the 16hp clone I have the cover is different and the baffle is at the gasket so you can't tap under it. The 13hp and 16hp/15hp should be the same the larger one is just a stroker its 420cc.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #15
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

yea i went back and read your post better than i did the first time.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps