lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
steveerk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool 13 clone

I have my harbor freight 13 horse engine in. I am having trouble with shifting from for to rev. I have it set up for key start. I can't idle my engine down slow enough to keep the clutch from closing up. Anybody else have the same problem????

Steve
steveerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 13 clone

Yes..it is commonplace. It doesn't occur when you use the pedal to start and stop the engine entirely..there are a few ways to go around it, like try idling it really low, and shifting right on the cusp, etc..
I just shut mine down..and sometimes if I really want it to, I can idle it low enough to shift, there are clutches that enable that also.. I think Tom has the CV tech clutch that will go around the tension the running engine
places on the tranny..by using a roller bearing in the center.
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
nhoffman94
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

use a snow mobile clutch, i had my snow mobile engie that was a twin, i am using that lcutch for my swap because it revs a little higher before engaging, but stil engages fairly low
nhoffman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
thewskrs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I had the same problem on my 16hp. But I finally got it tuned where it will idle down, you just have to wait for it. But I have the CV Tech clutch and had to use a soft spring to get it to release at the lowest rpm It will idle at. But if I am haveing trouble I just shut it off and shift and restart. It'll come together.
thewskrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
hookm
Younger Than Dirt

Club Car

my red spring clutch doesn't come in till1800,no problem.I have a HF 13 with a rev kit,the thing has a ton of torque,went on the CAW ride this weekend & climbed anything I tried.It seems like it's slow to rev but not a problem,I watched the tach & never ran over 2500 on the trails.I just have to get disc brakes.hookm
hookm is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps