lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Motorcycle powered EZ-Go

Hey guys. I have decided to put my new welder to the test. I am picking up a free, 1992 electric EZ-Go with no batteries or seat for free. I will be removing the motor and electronics (will be for sale if anyone needs parts ) and modifying the battery bay to accept a motorcycle engine. I will be removing the electric motor and instead replacing it with a sprocket and using the original differential for simplicity sake. If the rear end does blow up, I''ll use a four wheeler axle. I don't have any leads on a bike YET but the cart being free, that really saves me some cash to invest in a bike. Hopefully something running with no title for less than $400, and i'll part out the rest to make some cash back for funding the project. Does anyone know how many splines are on the shaft coming out of the rear end? I know they make 19 spline 12 tooth sprockets from BMI karts that fit some model rear ends but idk if it would fit mine. If so, that makes it a lot easier on me then fabricating something up!
stevensj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Motorcycle powered EZ-Go

Better find an engine with reverse.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Better find an engine with reverse.
Nah. Reverse ain't important when you got friends who you can trick into pushing
Old 12-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #4
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Wanna go the other direction? Turn the wheel and mash the gas!!
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:21 AM   #5
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
Wanna go the other direction? Turn the wheel and mash the gas!!
I like your idea better. I ended up having to go somewhere yesterday, but I am picking it up this evening. I'll post pics as soon as I pick it up!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I GOT IT! hehehe. I took a BUNCH of pics but I only have this one on my computer at the moment:

For free, I can't beat it! Also came with a Curtis PMC 1204 speed controller, which is for sale if anyones interested! need some cash for the motorcycle engine
Old 12-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #7
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Well, time to take it completely apart, I see the rubber trim looks to be in good shape, they are hard to take off and put back on if your going to paint, or maybe someone knows a trick to the rubber trim. Anyway,,take it down and rebuild everything if your going to go fast.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
Well, time to take it completely apart, I see the rubber trim looks to be in good shape, they are hard to take off and put back on if your going to paint, or maybe someone knows a trick to the rubber trim. Anyway,,take it down and rebuild everything if your going to go fast.
Do you know what model cart it is? I'm thinking its a marathon but I don't have experience with anything but Yamaha gassers.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:37 AM   #9
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Alrighty guys, I made some progress while I was gone. I got the rear end, motor, electronics, ect. stripped off the golf cart. The battery bay is JUNK so I am cutting it out. The ATV axle was not wide enough but I have an axle/carrier/engine plate cut off of an old, big go kart with 5 lug hubs thats wire enough. That sucker is getting welded in. I picked up a 1973 Suzuki GT 185 twin cylinder 2 stroke motorcycle for $100 with a good motor, wiring, airbox, tranny, frame, ect. but the cosmetics are junk. I am using that for an engine. I will get pictures of everything as it sits, some progress pics, and some mach up picks this afternoon and upload them tonight or tomorrow morning!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #10
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow this threads is still here. I still have the cart but the motorcycle engine has a scored right hand piston n cylinder and I never found wheels for that rear end or anything so the project has been at a standstill. I'm feeling pretty creative so I think I'm gonna put the rear end back in the cart, weld a sprocket on the shaft, and put a 250cc 4 stroke liquid cooled motor in it that I got in the shed. I think that would be cool. If I end up doing anything with it I'll update this thread!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps