lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Default SPM Profiles

Hi Gang,

I got my SPM 48500 last week and I love it. I've played around with the programming a little bit but I haven't had time to really sink my teeth into all the possibilities that can be done with the utility program.

What I am wondering is if we can upload our profiles somewhere? Maybe a sticky or some other place that can be a repository for the SPM controller?

I plan on having a minimum of 3 profiles. One will be my daily profile. Another would be when elders visit and remove the torque snap, and also limit max speed. Third would be for kids who want a test drive, where I only limit top speed and leave the torque snap for fun.

It would also be nice to simply just see how others have graphed there curves.

I still haven't figured out the auto throttle sensing, maybe someone can clarify how to?

Gonk

2012-05-17 20.51.44.jpgI've replaced all cables with 2ga since taking this picture.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Cool Re: SPM Profiles

This sounds interesting.
So you can set it up to have differant ramps for as you stated kids elders are yourself then. Cool!

I haven't bought one yet but I plan on getting a 72 volt one when I do.
I was thinking the controller once you drive the cart a few times from stop and go it reads the throttle imput and learns it and the factory setting is used to controll the cart no matter if the pot is not set right are has dead spots in it. This is how I thought it worked anyway.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Default Re: SPM Profiles

Heck ya Andy, it' is really cool. These SPM controllers are pretty sweet. Granted they are relatively new and they have worked through all the bugs. I'm hoping any bugs I may find will be fixable through programming vs. sending it in.

The profiles I have changed take about 20 seconds to load. If you have seen my monitor/multimedia thread, I have a dedicated computer. I don't think it would take more than 90 seconds to load the program and change a profile if I was, say, at the park or beach.

And to take this even further, I'm over the top already I know. Maybe this is worthy of a different thread but, what would it take to also add a desktop widget to show current draw, throttle position, etc? The info is already being sensed by the program. I might even be able to compile something, down the road, if the program isn't closed source.

Just food for thought.

Gonk
Old 05-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: SPM Profiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkulor View Post
Heck ya Andy, it' is really cool. These SPM controllers are pretty sweet. Granted they are relatively new and they have worked through all the bugs. I'm hoping any bugs I may find will be fixable through programming vs. sending it in.

The profiles I have changed take about 20 seconds to load. If you have seen my monitor/multimedia thread, I have a dedicated computer. I don't think it would take more than 90 seconds to load the program and change a profile if I was, say, at the park or beach.

And to take this even further, I'm over the top already I know. Maybe this is worthy of a different thread but, what would it take to also add a desktop widget to show current draw, throttle position, etc? The info is already being sensed by the program. I might even be able to compile something, down the road, if the program isn't closed source.

Just food for thought.

Gonk
That's way over me man! U lost me when you started the monitor stuff.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:48 AM   #5
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Gonk, I have the same controller you do. I had a lot of problems with some wierd feedback my cart was giving off, but it was a 1 in a million type problem according to alltrax. It is fixed now. The throttle setup is pretty easy. I've done it hundreds of times while troubleshooting my problems with 3 different controllers. lol. According to Rich at Alltrax, just make sure you have your throttle set to the correct type, its, 0-5k, etc. Then just clear auto cal in the menu to be sure you have a fresh calibration. Next, slowly depress the accelerator to wide open and hold it there for 2-3 seconds minimum. Release the throttle and depress it 2-3 more times, each time holding at wide open for 2-3 seconds. Auto calibration is done. It will read the values from your throttle input and sense the low and high end, even if your throttle isn't adjusted or putting out correctly just as Andy said. I just jacked my rear end up to do it to make sure I got it correct! Hope this helps! For what it's worth, I left the curves stock for personal use. The only thing I adjusted was the throttle rate up to 30%. Makes it really snappy on takeoff.
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:56 AM   #6
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Thanks Rock.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:08 AM   #7
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

No problem. I have a stupid grin from ear to ear everytime I ride. Lol. 48 volts and the SPM and all the bells and whistles is a blast compared to stock!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spm adjustments, spm power curve, spm profiles, spm settings, spm throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!