lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #21
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Default Re: Bit the bullet: G2 420cc Predator Build

Ive done 4 of these 420 preds. and ive done them all the same way, through the valve cover and ive never had any problem with the pulse from the stock yamaha fuel pump. I did have a problem with the oil on my first build getting into the pulse line, but once i ran the pulse line up and over the carb ive never had the problem again. I put the barb in the same spot you have it.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #22
geoffw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheemxer View Post
So what you (Sho) are saying is that if I don't plug the stock whole going to the stock air box I will pull oil or gas into a place not intended? Or in other words, I can't have two outlets on the valve cover...or if I have two outlets I won't have a suction pulse for the factory fuel system...?
Just put a breather on the end of the hose. If you plug it, the crankcase will build up excessive pressure and could blow out the crank seals.
geoffw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #23
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

I dont have any pics of the valve cover from my last build.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC10247.JPG (60.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SDC10256.JPG (70.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #24
bansheemxer
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for all the quick replies. Also, do these engines have any tendency to spit oil out of the valve cover vent tube @ higher rpm? It would occasionally happen with the old g2 engine but wasn't really an issue.

Sent from my USCCADR3305 using Tapatalk 2
bansheemxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #25
geoffw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not usually, theres a PCV valve in there so youll get some blowby, but thats it.
geoffw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #26
bansheemxer
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have been trying to get the clutch removed from the stock engine and it won't budge ...it even started to stretch the threads on the puller so I stopped. Ended up dropping it off at my local yamaha shop to let them have a stab at it...even said they wouldn't charge anything...just hope I don't get it back in pieces.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #27
bansheemxer
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well, since I am stuck at this point until I can get the clutch mounted, I started on something that I would have most likely done after i mounted the engine. I hooked up the throttle using the stock 420cc governor arm and link rod. Same set-up from member G1-G9 (thanks for the pics). I used the factory throttle cable bracket that is connected to the stock carb. I am glad I did this with the engine out...makes it easier on the back for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130115_201801.jpg (159.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130115_201814.jpg (174.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #28
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

This is how i did my crank. I got a drill bit just big enough to cut the threads only out of the crank and i just kept going down into the crank until it was where i needed it to be for the stock clutch to be used with the stock bolt and it helps keep your hole straight. Then i put the spacer on and marked it where i needed to cut the crank off. This way with the whole already drilled it was easy to make sure the hole was straight. I then got the correct size drill bit for the stock bolt and drilled the hole and tapped it. Thats how i did mine, but im sure there are better ways. It was easy for me to do it this way. The hardest time i had was getting the tap started straight.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #29
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

This is my motor mount. I welded it solid to the front and rear mount then took the two back bolts out. In the picture you can see the govenour shaft sticking out of the rear end, i had to cut it off. I had to off set the plate so i could get the hole base of the motor on the plate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC10225.JPG (55.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #30
bansheemxer
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Got the clutch mounted today. I am going to have to modify my engine mount some, but not to big of a deal. I wish I would have had G1-G9's pics of his motor mount before I did mine. I just have to add some tabs on the passenger side of both pieces of channel iron. And it looks like my oversized rear shocks are going to be a problem in clearing the Carb.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1358392389568.jpg (127.1 KB, 0 views)

Tags
yamaha predator swap
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps